Dr Abubakar Mohammed Zayyana
Abubakar Zayyana held PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Bedfordshire; with more than five years of teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Dr Zayyana is passionate about and experienced in working with students from multinational and educational background. He is currently involved in teaching and marking Accounting related modules at the Coventry University London. His main goal is to use research-led teaching to improve student experience and motivating them to achieve their potential as well as prepare them for their professional development. Previously, Dr Zayyana was a deputy Director of Finance at the Ministry of Work, Sokoto, Nigeria.
- PhD Accounting and Finance
University of Bedfordshire, UK. 2019
- MSc Management
Brunel University, London, UK 2014
- BSc Accounting and Finance
University of Bedfordshire, UK. 2013
- Higher National Diploma in Accounting
Kano State Polytechnic, Kano, Nigeria. 2004
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) (Number: PR183519).
- Member of the Society for Corporate Governance of Nigeria (SCGN).
- Member of British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA).
Research and Consultancy
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Capital Market
- Fraud Management
- Corporate Finance
Publications and Scholarship Activities
- Attended and presented a paper at the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) 2017 annual conference on 10-12th April 2017at the Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. Paper title – “Board effectiveness: The influence of board processes on task and corporate social responsibility performance in Nigeria”.
- Attended and presented a paper at the 17th BAFA Special interest Group Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies (AFEE) held on 23rd June 2017 at the Cranfield University, UK. Paper title - “Input-processes-output: A better approach to investigate board effectiveness relating to task and corporate social responsibility performance with evidence from Nigeria”.
- Attended and presented a paper on 5th February 2018 at the Research Centre for Contemporary Accounting, Finance and Economics (ResCAFE) workshop at the University of Bedfordshire, UK. Paper title - Board gender diversity and company performance.
- Attended the 14th Research Workshop on Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economics (AFEE) held on 27th November 2015 at the Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK.
- Business Accounting
- Managing People and Systems
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Managerial Finance
- Postgraduate Professional Practice
- Financial Planning and Revenue Management
- Accounting and Financial Management