Terms and Conditions
Online Payment terms & conditions
Please click here to view the terms & conditions for online payments made through Coventry University web pages.
- These terms apply to the entire content of this web site (the “Website”). If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Coventry University (the "University") updates these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms. Your continued use of the Website indicates your agreement to all such revised Website Terms.
- Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and its contents are the property of the University whose administrative offices are at Alan Berry Building, Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB. The copyright in the material contained on this Website belongs to the University or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this Website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.
- All students will be required as a condition of enrolment to abide by, and to submit to, the applicable procedures of the University's Regulations as amended from time to time. A copy of the current regulations is available on request from the University.
Conditions relating to course information
- The University will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver courses in accordance with the descriptions set out in the online Prospectus. However, the University reserves the right without notice to make variations to the contents and methods of delivery of the courses, to discontinue courses and to merge or combine courses if such action is reasonably considered to be necessary by the University (in the context of its wider purposes), for example, for the purposes of up-dating and improvement in line with market and research developments, as a result of regular internal reviews, as well as external reviews by professional and regulatory bodies. Changes may also occur as a result of staff availability and personnel identified in relation to specific courses/programmes may change from time to time. If the University discontinues any course, it will use its reasonable endeavours to provide a suitable alternative course. Should industrial action or circumstances beyond the control of the University interfere with its ability to provide educational services, the University undertakes to use all reasonable steps to minimise the resultant disruption of those services.
- If you receive an offer of a place at the University, we suggest that before you accept such an offer, you write to the relevant Faculty at the University to request up-to-date information on the course content, teaching, examination, assessment and other educational services and facilities which will be provided in relation to your course at the University.
- Enrolment at the University is subject to your acceptance of the conditions of enrolment, which include (but are not limited to) your agreement to be bound by the University's regulations.
- The University welcomes comments on its courses from students' parents and sponsors. However the University's contracts with its students do not confer benefits on third parties for the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Submitting information to our website
- Persons submitting material other than University Information to this Website are solely responsible for the material and for any claims relating to its content, whether made against the University or otherwise. Whilst the University does not exercise editorial control over any content posted to the Website by users, the University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it has been notified is objectionable, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted in law, the University accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via the Website.
- Subject to the above, those gaining access to this Website are authorised to make use of the Website (and of any chatrooms and interactive facilities which are available through it) for any lawful purposes. The following is a non-exclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
- Use of this Website by members of the University is also subject to the Code of Conduct for use of ICT Facilities available on the University’s Policies page.
- The University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove, or disable access to, any material which it deems to be potentially objectionable to or defamatory of any person, unlawful, threatening or in violation of any third-party rights or any other part of these Website Terms. Use of our site by staff or students of the University is also subject to the rules and provisions set out in the applicable University Disciplinary Procedure and Codes of Discipline available on the University’s Policies page.
- The University will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any material published, displayed or submitted to the Website by any third party and to the fullest extent permitted in law, expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the communication of such material through the Website.
By submitting any material to the Website, unless otherwise expressly agreed, you agree to grant the University an irrevocable, free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such material for any purpose.
Linking to our website
- You may link to material on our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The University reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on this Website, the University regularly reviews the contents of the site which is subject to change from time to time. The University makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material or the Website and disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance by you on the Website and the Material. It is the responsibility of all students, prospective students and/or other visitors to this site to verify the accuracy of all relevant facts before entering into any financial or other commitment based upon them.
- Nothing on this Website constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
- This Website contains links to many external web sites which are not affiliated with the University. The University is not responsible for and has no control over these sites, and links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site's information, products or services.
- Every effort is made to ensure downloadable content is free from viruses, spyware or other malware but the University accepts no liability for damages resulting from virus infection.
- While the University tries to make this web site available 24 hours a day, it reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of the web site, for any reason.
- Unless they are contained in University Information, or unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this Website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of the University: the University is not responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
- In no circumstances, to the fullest extent permitted at law, shall Coventry University nor or any of its officers or employees be liable for any loss, additional costs or damage howsoever arising suffered as a result of any use of this web site or the information, content, or products. Nothing will limit the University’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms are governed by English law, and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
- If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.
- No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Nothing in these Website Terms shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.