CU London given seal of approval in National Student Survey
Monday 21 August 2023
CU London has been given a huge seal of approval by its students in the latest National Student Survey (NSS).
CU London, which has bases in Greenwich and Dagenham, scored highly in learners’ opinions with all areas, such learning resources, teaching and academic support, scoring in the top 25 per cent of higher education institutes in the UK.
Students were asked a number of questions which fell under nine themes and their answers led to an eventual positivity score. CU London’s positivity scores in each theme was:
- Learning Resources: 93.9%
- Freedom of Expression: 93%
- Teaching: 91.9%
- Academic Support: 91.5%
- Learning opportunities: 90.6%
- Assessment and Feedback: 90.3%
- Organisation and management: 86.9%
- Student voice: 86.7%
- Mental wellbeing services: 85.8%
CU London provides a consistently sector-leading higher education offer in the capital. We are particularly pleased that areas such as teaching, learning, assessment and academic support were rated so highly by our students, and that learning resources also saw a well-deserved leap to an impressive 93.9 per cent.
For these scores, the library and learning services team can take a huge amount of pride along with academics, customer services, success coaches, registry, digital services and estates colleagues who of course play such a vital role in shaping the student experience.
With all nine themes comfortably above the upper quartile I’m delighted that last year’s very strong NSS results have been even further improved with such wonderful endorsements from our students. The senior team and I would like to thank and express our appreciation to colleagues from across the organisation for their hard work and support.Andy Ginn, Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor at CU London
According to Ipsos MORI, which runs the survey on behalf of the Office for Students, nearly half a million students across the UK are invited to take part in the survey each year, giving them an opportunity to provide honest feedback on their experiences of certain courses and education institutions.
The NSS seeks the views of final-year undergraduate students across the UK every year between January and the end of April. The survey enables higher education providers to evaluate and improve their courses continuously, as well as helping prospective students make decisions about where to study.
Coventry University Group as a whole was ranked as the best in the country in seven subjects across key themes in the latest NSS results. The Group - which includes Coventry University, Coventry University London, CU Coventry, CU London and CU Scarborough - is named as number one across all higher education institutions in England in the following subjects at undergraduate level:
- Biosciences (non-specific) - in themes of Learning opportunities, Assessment and feedback, Academic support, Student voice
- Healthcare science (non-specific) - in themes of Academic support, Organisation and management
- History – in themes of Teaching on my course, Organisation and management
- Journalism – in theme of Academic support
- Mental health nursing – in theme of Academic support
- Cinematics and photography – in theme of Organisation and management
- Linguistics – in theme of Learning opportunities
Explore the questions that students were asked for each theme in the NSS.
Find out more about what CU London has to offer.