Master of Business Administration (MBA) for employees of CWEIC Strategic Partners
Coventry University is a Strategic Partner of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC), which has numerous partners and members across the 56 Commonwealth member nations. The MBA with a specialised pathway in Global Trade and Investment is a unique offer to employees of CWEIC Strategic Partners.
This is a closed bespoke course which builds on the Coventry MBA in developing practice and creating sustainable long-term value.
Participants will explore opportunities to expand their networks across regions where CWEIC’s Strategic Partners are located, while gaining an understanding of the geopolitical, legal, and economic outlook and opportunities. Students will enhance their negotiating skills, and further their understanding and implementation of global trade agreements (such as the AfCFTA) and investments, public private partnerships, while continuing to build and expand on new business models and processes.
How does learning work?
Delivery of the MBA with the specialised pathway in Global Trade and Investment will be blended through a mix of online synchronous lectures, seminars, and workshops facilitated by experienced module specialists, and asynchronous content using FutureLearn. In addition, you will be supported by a dedicated course director and course team. You will also have access to Aula, our bespoke learner experience platform.
Optional 3 day residential (fees and programme to be confirmed)
Learners will have the opportunity to participate in a 3-day optional residential at one of Coventry University’s global hubs across the world (Dubai, Brussels, Rwanda, Singapore, Coventry). It is intended the optional residential will provide a programme of networking opportunities, visits to local organisations, guest speaker sessions and masterclasses.
Register your interest in this course
Please email us to register your interest in this course so that we can contact you when the application portal is open and you can apply for the course.
The MBA with a specialised pathway in Global Trade and Investment is only available to prospective students who are currently employed by a CWEIC Strategic Partner and meet selection criteria.
The entry requirements are:
- Those with a minimum of seven years Senior Leadership work experience may be awarded 60 Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL) credits.
- They would be required to complete six, 15 credit taught modules (Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Change Management, Strategy and Decision Making, Global Marketing, Global Trade and Investment – The political and Legal Context, Financial Instruments in a Global Business Context) plus the 30 credit MBA Consultancy project to complete the MBA.
Structure and module content
The new Coventry University MBA in Global Trade and Investment was designed specifically to align itself with the objectives and shared values of the Commonwealth, which focuses on “offering substantial benefits to trade and investment through the similarities in business, commercial and legislative practices”.
The mandatory modules are:
- 7001SSL - Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 7011SSL - Leadership and Change Management
- 7006SSL - Strategy and Decision Making
- 7000SMM - Global Marketing
- Global Trade and Investment – The Political and Legal Context
- Financial Instruments in a Global Business Environment
- 7005SSL - MBA Consultancy Project
Cost / Fees / Funding
The fees for the academic year 2023-24 is £18,500, however for those eligible for RPEL, pro rata is £12,333.
A further discount of £1000 per person will be applied to the first 100 learners to enrol on the course in the 2023-24 academic year.
Master of Business (MBA)
Hear from our MBA students on why they chose to study the Master of Business Administration course at Coventry University.