Student Finance

UK Undergraduate students can apply for Student Finance now. You are advised to apply as early as possible so that you can pay your tuition fees and living costs when you arrive at university.

Tuition Fees 

If you pay your tuition fees through Student Finance the payment is made directly to the university. All you need to do is ensure Student Finance know where you’ll be studying.

Maintenance Loan and Grant

 A maintenance loan can help you to fund your lifestyle at university. You can use it for accommodation, food and anything else you need. You may also be eligible for a maintenance grant that doesn’t need to be repaid.

The amount of money you will receive depends on your household income, if you are under 25 and living with parents the funding you receive will take their income into account.

Extra support is available for students with a disability, mental health condition, learning difficulties or students that have children. There is also a Special Support Grant available in place of a Maintenance Grant, which is for students who can claim income-related benefits.

Paying your Loan

You won’t have to worry about paying back these loans until you finish your degree and start earning over £21,000 in your job. Repayments are made directly from your employer – you don’t need to do anything. You only pay back 9% of your earnings over 21,000. For example, if you were earning £22,000 you would pay back £90 per year. After 30 years any outstanding loan balance is written off and you will not need to repay it.

Professional and Career Development Loans

Students may be able to apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL) to help towards costs. PCDLs are bank loans that can be used to pay for work-related learning. You can borrow between £300 and £10,000 to help support the cost of up to two years of learning (or three years if it includes one year’s relevant unpaid practical work). Further information on financial assistance to support your learning can be found on the PCDL website.

If you need to send in your PCDL form to be completed by the University or have your PCDL approved letter please send to the Finance Office, Student Centre.

Coventry University joint top modern university for career prospects
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021