Continuing Students

Welcome back

It’s almost time to start your next academic year and we want to make sure everything goes smoothly. This page provides key information on how to get organised for the year ahead.

Term and semester dates

Make sure you know the term dates for your course so that you can plan your next year of study, as well as your work schedule and holidays. If you need more information, contact our Student Engagement Team by emailing:

Re-enrolment for continuing students

Home continuing students must re-enrol before teaching starts using SOLAR. As long as you are not blocked for tuition debt you will be sent an email with instructions from Wednesday 6 January.

You may need your financial details to complete the forms, such as your Student Loan information. If you have problems re-enrolling, contact 

Students who are on Overseas fees will need to have paid at least £8000 and make sure they have no previous debts blocking their account. Once this is confirmed your enrolment link will be released to you. You will be contacted by the Enrolment and Compliance team to provide a scan of your right to study documents so look out for this email.

Citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland will be contacted by the University to provide an update on their current immigration status. Enrolment may be delayed if you do not respond or cannot provide the required documentation.

Students returning from a temporary withdrawal or for repeat modules may need to enrol differently. If this applies to you the Enrolment and Compliance Team will contact you.

Note that you must have re-enrolled for the next stage of study by 17:00 on Monday 8 February.

Do not assume that enrolment deadlines will be extended or that you can appeal to enrol late. Enrolment can only be guaranteed until the enrolment deadline on Monday 8 February.

Your timetable

Your personalised timetable will be released up to 72 hours after you have enrolled. Once released, you can also access your timetable by also logging into the Student Portal.

Please be aware that your timetable is not an assurance of progression, or that your selected options have been verified as meeting the requirements of the course. Please refer to your results letter for your progression details. The information in your timetable will be as accurate as possible, but is subject to change, so please check it on a regular basis.

Thinking about changing your course?

Course changes must be discussed with your Course Director and a member of the Faculty Registry ( Download the relevant form from the Registry pages of the Student Portal. Students studying on the student visa route must also seek advice from the Enrolment and Compliance Team to avoid any visa problems. Any course change must be completed by the Friday of Teaching Week 2 in each semester.

Fees and finance

To re-enrol for the next stage of study, students must make sure that fees are in order:

  • Home/EU fee payers must make sure that all debts from the previous stage have been cleared
  • Overseas fee payers must make sure that all debts are cleared and that at least £8000 has been paid towards the fees for this academic year
  • If you are returning to complete repeat modules or are returning after a temporary withdrawal please contact as soon as you can to find out what you need to pay to enrol.

You will need to make arrangements to pay for your course and living costs such as accommodation, open a bank account, make sure you are aware of other costs such as council tax and plan a budget.

  • You can find out more about course fees, payment plans, scholarships, loans and other sources of financial help via the Student Portal Finance site and check the tuition fee terms and conditions.
  • If you have any questions at all, including worries about payments, you can speak to our Student Engagement Team by emailing: or by phoning +44 (0) 24 7765 6565.
  • You can pay for your university-managed accommodation or set up a payment plan for your accommodation fees via the website or email:
  • Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU) also provide useful information on managing your money should you need it.
  • After you have re-enrolled, you may find that you need to print a letter to prove your student status. Our Student Information pages on the portal show the full range of letters available to you.. You may need this if you want to open a student bank account, apply for council tax exemption, or provide proof of your course details.


If you have already received and accepted an offer for university-owned or managed accommodation, information on your next steps will be emailed directly to you. Don’t forget that your accommodation is not secured until you have accepted your offer, paid the deposit and selected a payment plan.

If you are staying in university managed accommodation, make sure you read the FutureLets Licence to Occupy.

If you have booked a property in the private sector make sure you get a contract. We have put together key information to enable you to find suitable private housing on our website

For more information, email:

Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU) also provides housing information, including advice on finding a room or a roommate, housing deposits, inventories, moving in and your rights and responsibilities.

Need more help?

General support

  • The Student Engagement Team is here for you 07:00- 22:00 Mon-Fri and 08:00-14:00 on Saturday. You can call +44 (0) 2477 656565 or email We’re your first point of contact whatever your enquiry or question, and can either help you directly or connect you to expert support, whether that’s an academic tutor or one of the many dedicated student services. Our team is trained to listen and will treat your enquiry professionally and with discretion; your information is always kept within the confines of the university.
  • Check Wayfinder to identify the support we can provide.
  • Our VisaHelp Team is here to help international and EU students on subjects linked and visas. For questions, queries or concerns, contact the Student Support Team by email.
  • Our  Student Information Team is here to help all students with general queries or concerns, contact the Student Information Team by email.
  • Students’ Union Advice Centre (SUAC) is a free, independent and confidential service which gives advice, and provides representation, on a wide range of problems including housing, consumer law, cheating and plagiarism, internal disciplinary matters and complaints. CUSU and the Advice Centre are independent of Coventry University London and all advice is impartial and in confidence. You can call +44 (0)24 7765 5200, email or visit them online.
  • In an emergency call the Police on 999. For non-emergency incidents (e.g. your car has been stolen or your property damaged) call the Police on 101. 

Study and course support

  • If you have questions about your study programme, you can talk to your course team - and other students on your course - by logging in to your course pages on Aula.
  • If you need help understanding any of the university’s academic processes and regulations, your faculty registry team is on hand to help. This could be with absences, exams, deferrals, extensions and more.

Coventry University joint top modern university for career prospects
Coventry University awarded TEF GOLD Teaching Excellence Framework
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021