Private housing options

Students may choose to live in private accommodation while attending university. Private accommodation is let out and managed by private landlords, which can feel overwhelming, especially if students who are new to the UK.

At Coventry University London, we offer several options for those who decide on private housing, ensuring they receive relevant information about their rights and responsibilities as a private tenant.

You can register your details directly with letting agents, who will be able to assist in finding properties who meet your criteria. We advise that you check all letting agents are registered with one of the UK’s leading accreditation schemes.

Note: Search engines are provided on each site, to allow you to filter through and look for Propertymark protected agents.

Accommodation Websites

You can also search for properties independently on the websites below.

Note: Coventry University London has no direct association with any of the websites listed above, nor has it vetted any of the landlords or letting agents that advertise on these websites. Coventry University London shall not be held liable for any loss or damage (however caused) suffered as a result of any dealings you have with any of the listed online accommodation sites. Please contact the external site directly for answers to questions regarding its content.

Home Stays/Host Family Accommodation (HFS London)

Host family accommodation is a high quality, competitively-priced alternative to staying in a hotel or hostel. By staying in Homestay accommodation you will not only learn more about English culture, but also have an excellent opportunity to practise your English in an authentic environment. For more information visit: 


Telephone: +44 (0)20 3069 2048

Coventry University joint top modern university for career prospects
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020