Housing support

Housing Hand (University Guarantor Service)

Housing Hand works closely with the majority of universities and higher education institutions, with the fundamental aim of helping students to secure the accommodation of their choice –without the stress or financial struggle of paying all their rent in advance.

Need a UK guarantor?

One of the biggest problems international students face when renting a property is not having a UK guarantor. This is a huge worry if you are not able to pay 6-12 months in advance to secure your property. Even if you do pay in advance, you may still need a UK guarantor.

Housing Hand can be your UK guarantor so that you can pay your rent monthly. The application process is simple, you can click for a quote.

Why do I need one?

If you can’t provide a qualifying UK guarantor, you may be asked to pay up to twelve months rent upfront. This can leave less bargaining power if something goes wrong in your accommodation. Housing Hand can be your guarantor – leaving you to sit back, relax, and pay your rent monthly.

What is a co-signer?

A co-signer is a second point of contact for Housing Hand. They cannot be a student or be moving into the same property as the applicant who is signing the Housing Hand guarantor agreement. They are jointly liable for repaying Housing Hand should you default on your rent. In the instance you failed to pay your rent, we would attempt to contact you and arrange a suitable repayment plan. If we are unable to do so, or should the agreement be broken, your co-signer would then be contacted to pay what you owe. We do not conduct a credit check or require your co-signer to be a UK home owner or resident. Please note, on joint and several contracts, you and your co-signer are required to repay Housing Hand for housemate’s non-payments that have been made on your behalf.

How much does it cost?

Housing Hand charges a one off fee paid at the start of your tenancy. Prices start from just £295 for up to 12 months cover. The exact fee depends on several factors, including your rent amount. You can get a free, no obligation quote by making an application!
Student fee will be between 60-95 % of your share of the monthly rent, subject to a minimum of £295.

Contact Details


Other Housing Support

NUS is the national voice of students – helping them to campaign, get cheap student discounts and providing advice on living the student life. Below are various links that will provide answers to your accommodation queries.

Ready to Rent – House-hunting video
This video covers some of the key points about how to avoid problems when house-hunting. You can find it on Youtube.

Ready to Rent – Tenancy tips video
This video covers some of the key rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants, as well as how to ensure that tenants have the best possible chance of getting their deposit back. You can find it on Youtube.


Useful websites

Accommodation Checklists

We've created a checklist to support your accommodation decision.

London Assembly

The London Assembly are members of the Greater London Authority.


The official UK Government website for citizens.

Citizens Advice Bureau

CAB offers help and advice on everyone’s rights and responsibilities.


A housing charity offering advice on homelessness and housing issues.

Transport for London

TFL is a government body responsible for the transport system in Greater London.

Coventry University joint top modern university for career prospects
University of the year shortlisted
QS Five Star Rating 2020
Coventry City of Culture 2021