Continuing Students

Welcome back

It’s almost time to start your next academic year and we want to make sure everything goes smoothly. This page provides key information on how to get organised for the year ahead.

Re-enrolment for continuing students

Home and EU continuing students must re-enrol before teaching starts. Teaching will commence on Monday 7th June. The deadline for students to enrol is Monday 14th June.

Once new applicants have been sent enrolment links we will then focus on sending links to returning students who are academically eligible to progress and are self-funding their course or have student finance confirmed. You will be sent an email with instructions before term starts. There is no need for students to send proof of funding to Registry.

Please note that some returning students are not yet in a position to progress academically and are to be considered at an upcoming Programme Assessment Board (PAB). You will only be sent a link following confirmation of eligibility to progress following the PAB.

All full-time students should enrol online. If there are any issues then please let us know by emailing

International students who are re-enrolling will also be able to enrol online this year. Please visit the Returning Tier 4 students’ information on the Student Portal. If there are any issues then please let us know by emailing

Term and semester Block dates

Make sure you know the Block dates for your course so that you can plan your next year of study, as well as your work schedule and holidays. If you need more information, talk to our Student Engagement Team by emailing

Your timetable

Your personalised timetable will be emailed to your university email account during August. Once released, you can also access your timetable by logging into the Student Portal.

Please be aware that your timetable is not an assurance of progression, or that your selected options have been verified as meeting the requirements of the course. Please refer to your results letter for your progression details. The information in your timetable will be as accurate as possible, but is subject to change, so please check it on a regular basis.

Thinking about changing your course?

Course changes must be discussed with your Course Leader and a member of Registry. Please contact your Course Leader and if you wish change course. Any course change must be completed by the Friday of Teaching Week 2 in each block.

Please read our safety guide

Fees, finance & housing

You will need to make arrangements to pay for your course and living costs such as accommodation, open a bank account, make sure you are aware of other costs such as council tax and plan a budget.

  • For more information about around funding and finance please visit our website.
  • Please check the tuition fee terms and conditions.
  • The easiest way to pay your tuition or accommodation fees is online. If you have any questions at all, including worries about payments, you can speak to our Student Engagement Team by emailing or by phoning +44 (0) 24 7765 6565, and they will direct you to the correct person in our Finance team. To set up a payment plan for your accommodation fees, phone FutureLets on +44 (0) 24 76 158 158.
  • Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU) also provide useful information on managing your money should you need it.
  • After you have re-enrolled, log in to the Student Portal and access NOVA to generate a letter to prove your student status. You may need this if you want to open a student bank account, apply for council tax exemption, or provide proof of your course details.


If you have already received and accepted an offer for University-owned or managed accommodation, information on your next steps, including how to collect your key, is available on our accommodation web pages. Don’t forget that your accommodation is not secured until you have accepted your offer, paid the deposit and selected a payment plan.
If you are staying in university-owned accommodation, make sure you read the FutureLets Licence to Occupy. If you have booked a property in the private sector through FutureLets, contact us at for key collection details.

If you still need to arrange accommodation, contact our Customer Service Representatives, who are happy to talk you through the options available.

Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU) also provides housing information, including advice on finding a room or a roommate, housing deposits, inventories, moving in and your rights and responsibilities.

Coventry University Students' Union

When you enrol/re-enrol (as appropriate) online you will have the option to share your data with Coventry University Students’ Union. This will allow you to join clubs, societies and volunteering groups, be part of the course rep system, buy tickets to events, stand and vote for Students’ Union positions and be kept updated about CUSU activities, news and events.

The most employable graduates have taken part in activities outside of their course so please get involved and make the most of your time at University.

You can find out more using the links below and make sure you visit

Need more help?

General Support

  • The Student Engagement Team is here for you 07:00- 22:00 Mon-Fri and 08:00-14:00 on Saturday. You can call +44 (0) 2477 656565 or email We’re your first point of contact whatever your enquiry or question, and can either help you directly or connect you to expert support, whether that’s an academic tutor or one of the many dedicated student services. Our team is trained to listen and will treat your enquiry professionally and with discretion; your information is always kept within the confines of the university. 
  •  Check Wayfinder to identify the support we can provide.
  • Students’ Union Advice Centre (SUAC) is a free, independent and confidential service which gives advice, and provides representation, on a wide range of problems including housing, consumer law, cheating and plagiarism, internal disciplinary matters and complaints. You can call +44 (0)24 7765 5200 or visit them online.
  • In an emergency on campus or in Coventry University accommodation call the university’s Protection Service on +44 (0) 24 7765 5555. For off-campus emergencies or in private accommodation call the Police on 999. For non-emergency incidents (e.g. your car has been stolen or your property damaged) call the Police on 101.

Study and course support

  • If you have questions about your study programme, you can talk to your course team - and other students on your course - by logging in to your course pages on Aula.
  • If you need help understanding any of the university’s academic processes and regulations, your faculty registry team is on hand to help. This could be with absences, exams, deferrals, extensions and more.

Coventry University joint top modern university for career prospects
QS Five Star Rating 2020
University of the year shortlisted
Coventry City of Culture 2021