The purpose built ‘Faculty on the Factory Floor’ is the hub of the research activity and provides an environment that allows professors, researchers, industry professionals and AME students to work together to develop new joining, forming, simulation process verification and materials technologies.
It is an approach that is working with a number R&D projects currently underway lots of exciting new opportunities in the pipeline.
Existing projects include:
- £1m next generation fuel rails for Ford Motor Company
- £780,000 to progress ‘Working Towards Zero Prototyping’
- £550,000 to develop lightweight exhaust system for Jaguar Land Rover
- £150,00 to create a lightweight ‘halo’ exhaust system for Aston Martin
- £320,000 towards new advanced exhaust acoustics
AME will also help Unipart Manufacturing Group move up the value chain from supplier to strategic development partner.