Research at AME
AME is fast becoming a world-class facility for exploring and challenging tomorrow’s manufacturing and engineering technologies.
We are working with Innovate UK and other funding partners to drive forward the UK’s global competitive advantage in fuel systems and powertrain by researching and delivering solutions for:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Rail Generation
The purpose built ‘Faculty on the Factory Floor’ is the hub of the research activity and provides an environment that allows professors, researchers, industry professionals and AME students to work together to develop new joining, forming, simulation process verification and materials technologies.
It is an approach that is working with a number R&D projects currently underway lots of exciting new opportunities in the pipeline.
Existing projects include:
- £1m next generation fuel rails for Ford Motor Company
- £780,000 to progress ‘Working Towards Zero Prototyping’
- £550,000 to develop lightweight exhaust system for Jaguar Land Rover
- £150,00 to create a lightweight ‘halo’ exhaust system for Aston Martin
- £320,000 towards new advanced exhaust acoustics
AME will also help Unipart Manufacturing Group move up the value chain from supplier to strategic development partner.
Research & Funding
AME is continuing to target opportunities and contracts with a range of domestic and international funders, including Cenex, the EU Commission, the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and Innovate UK.
We have already demonstrated a proven track record for delivering projects on time and developing new technologies and products that can be immediately commercialised.
AME also offers:
- State-of-the-art testing facilities to allow projects to be developed faster
- Access to a range of engineering and manufacturing disciplines
- Ability to contextualise work using the latest equipment and machinery
- Real time collaboration between academia and industry
- Ongoing live manufacturing projects
- Additional support from Coventry University’s state-of-the-art Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
Six research projects have either been delivered or well underway, focused on lightweight exhaust systems, next generation fuel rail systems and exploring the reality of zero prototyping.
Fully and part-funded PhD Research Studentships at AME:
As part of our investment in cutting edge R&D, AME is offering fully-funded and part-funded PhD studentship opportunities, working with world leading Professors and research teams from Coventry University.
The following PHD courses are currently available. Click on the links below for further details.
We will be adding new PhD opportunities throughout the year.
If you have an informal enquiry please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.