Five Lessons for Business Success at the London Campus
Saturday 14 December 2013
Dr Haralambos Hatzakis, CEO of Biotronics 3D, a successful medical high-tech company, visited Coventry University London Campus recently to deliver an inspiring lecture about the ‘recipes for business success’.
This lecture was part of the Leadership Lecture series organised by London Campus to promote the Real Business Experience strategy amongst students. Industry leaders, entrepreneurs and employers, are invited to give inspirational talks to students, helping them put into practice what they learn.
Here are his five recipes for all budding entrepreneurs:
- Be different - Think how you can stand out; think about your unique selling points
- Believe in evolution - Be able to adapt your vision very quickly.
- Be obsessed - To the point it almost looks unhealthy. This is the only way you will be able to overcome inevitable obstacles.
- Fasten your seatbelt - Success is a journey, not a destination - so you may as well enjoy it.
- The business of our business is more than business - You must have a greater goal in mind when you start an enterprise. Always look at the big picture and how your initiative can benefit the wider community.
Dr Haralambos Hatzakis, CEO of Biotronics 3D, said:
“London has an abundance of research capabilities and commercial expertise in the field of health ICT. I believe that collaboration between organisations like Coventry University London Campus and Biotronics3D can be the key to raising London’s profile as a major hub of excellence for information services.”
Gareth Lewis, Business Development Manager at Coventry University London Campus, said:
“We are very happy to have people like Harry Hatzakis coming and giving lectures at the London Campus. As a campus dedicated to creating a real business experience, we want our students to meet inspirational entrepreneurs, role models, who will be able to teach them how to put into practice what they learn in the classroom.”