Website Privacy Notice
Coventry University College Limited is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice will help you understand how we look after your personal data and how we make sure that we meet our obligations to you under the UK data protection laws (referred to in this notice as the "Data Protection Laws"). This notice outlines how we will use, store and share your personal data, and supplements any other notices or statements we may provide to you.
If you have any questions in relation to this notice or generally how your personal data is processed by us please contact our Data Protection Officer by letter addressed to: Data Protection Officer, Coventry University, Priory Street, Coventry CV1 5FB; or by email at: email@example.com.
Who are we?
In this Privacy Notice, the terms "we", "our", and "us" refer to Coventry University College Limited, Priory Street Coventry, United Kingdom CV1 5FB (ICO registration number Z6939585). You can find the full details of the Group.
We are a controller of your information which means that we are responsible for looking after it. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
What do the key terms mean?
"Personal data" means any information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include contact details, identification numbers, other personal information, photographs and expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you.
"Processing" means doing anything with the personal data, such as collecting, recording, organising, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, accessing, consulting, disclosing, disseminating, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing or destroying or using the data in any way.
Website privacy notice
Information we may collect from you
We will only collect personally identifiable information (such as your name, address and contact details) or such other information as may be listed in the relevant data collection form, via the Website when it is voluntarily submitted by you to us. We may collect and process the following data about you for the purposes specified:
- Personal details given to us by you via on-line forms will be used to provide you with information, goods or services you have requested, such as course brochures or prospectuses. The details you provide will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have been informed of this and have expressly consented to having your details used for this purpose;
- Information provided by you via feedback forms or questionnaires will be used in our legitimate interest so to improve our site;
- Information provided by you when reporting a fault with the CU Coventry Website will be used for the purposes of rectifying that fault in accordance with the legitimate interests of Coventry University College Limited;
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence so as to deal with and/or respond to that correspondence as is necessary for the performance of any contract with you or in order to take step at your request prior to the entering into of a contract and/or where such processing is in the legitimate interests of Coventry University College Limited;
- Personal data provided as part of any online application process for an employment opportunity shall be processed so as to allow us to process and evaluate the merits of that application in accordance with our legitimate interests;
We may also use personal data which you provide to us in any of the ways listed above and in the following ways:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with Coventry University College Limited or as a result of such contract or agreement ;
- To ensure that content on the CU Coventry Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the CU Coventry Website, if/when you choose to do so whether this be prior to you entering into any contract or agreement with the Coventry University College Limited or as a result of the same;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which Coventry University College Limited to subject;
- To notify you about any changes to Coventry University College Limited or the courses or services offered where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where you have expressed an interest in the same previously or where such notification is required so as to allow us to perform any contractual agreement with you or where you have expressly opted in to receiving such communications.
If you do not want us to use your personal data in any of the ways set out above you can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time thereafter by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in any such communications.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Retention of personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
IP addresses and cookies
Information about your computer including logging information, such as your machine's IP address, operating system and browser type, may be collected automatically by the server and used for system administration and statistical purposes only. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of users of CU Coventry’s website, and does not identify any individual.