Counselling and mental health service
Counsellors and Mental Health Advisers are available to help you cope more positively with your difficulties and succeed in your academic studies.
Online Registration and Bookings
To access our service, please contact the team via telephone or email and you will be sent a link via University email to complete an online registration form. Once your form has been submitted, a link will be sent to your University email to book an appointment with an appropriate member of the team.
- You can usually book an appointment up to 3 weeks in advance using our online booking system Connect 2. The service can become busy at peak times throughout the year. If you cannot find an appropiate slot, please keep checking the booking system as cancellations do occur.
Triage for immediate concerns or refer you to more appropriate services
- The service can refer you to external support agencies such as your GP (medical doctor) or the local IAPT.
Face-to-Face individual support
- We can offer support to those who wish to discuss their issues in person with a trained professional.
Mental Health Needs
- The Mental Health Advisers can offer sessions individually tailored to meet the current needs of the student. This could be concerning issues including but not limited to: depression, anxiety, sleep problems and more severe illness
Small Groups for support in managing university life
- These groups are run by Counsellors and can help students adapt to University life and talk through issues with a small group of other students whom are having similar concerns.
- Priority sessions may be available to students as directed by the service manager.
For more information on the services provided to students, please view the Coventry University and University College Counselling and Mental Health Services Aims and Objectives
The Counselling Service is continually seeking to improve it's range of services and accessibility to all students. Please view our accessibility strategy for the 2016-17 Academic Year - Accessibility Limitations Strategy
To find out more contact the Counselling and Mental Health team on:
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7765 8029