Terms and Conditions of Application for Student Accommodation 2017-18
Terms and Conditions for Student Applications
- FutureLets (“We”) are committed to providing first year student accommodation to all applicants subject to the applicant (“You”) satisfying the following criteria. You must make Coventry your FIRM CHOICE at UCAS. This commitment applies to Conditional Firm (CF) and Unconditional Firm (UF) offer holders.
- The allocated room/property is the best available on the day of allocation subject to availability on a first come, first served basis. Allocations to rooms and properties will only be made once your academic place has been confirmed, which is normally when all your academic conditions have been met. Whilst We will make reasonable endeavors to satisfy your request for a particular type of accommodation We cannot guarantee it.
- Once the accommodation has been offered We are unable to change or alter the received application for accommodation.
- Licence to Occupy Contracts of accommodation will be sent by e-mail and will expire if not responded to by the deadline detailed in the offer email. Please check your email account regularly; particularly if You are on holiday around the time your results are being issued.
- When accepting your offer of accommodation You will be required to pay a security deposit and commit to choosing a payment method for your accommodation fees.
- If due to a disability We provide accommodation for your personal carer You will be responsible for ensuring payment of the additional accommodation charges for this room. Your contractual obligations extend to your carer who must behave in a manner consistent with the License to Occupy terms and conditions.
- Students are allocated into properties and areas where other year students may be living and therefore You should be aware that You may be living in an area with students attending different years of study.
- If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds, We will ask You to provide medical evidence to support your application for this type of accommodation. Failure to provide this medical evidence within the stated time frame will result in your application being processed as normal, and We cannot guarantee that the requested type of accommodation will be available.
- We comply with all legislation relating with equality and diversity.
- Data Protection
- 10.1 Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) , The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any superseding legislation, by making this application for accommodation, Coventry University Group requires your consent to process your personal data. The following personal information: your name, your address, your date of birth, your email address, your nationality, your course,your Student ID number and your gender will be held securely by Coventry University Group at UK based servers for the purpose of administrating, managing and maintaining your application for accommodation. We will not transfer any of your personal data outside of EU.
- 10.2. If you have selected accommodation with one of our Partner Providers, in order to process your accommodation application we will be required to release your personal information in order for the Partner Provider to process your accommodation offer.
- 10.3 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a statutory fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing You with details of the information Coventry University Group hold about You. Questions, comments or requests about your personal data can be sent to Enquiry.IPU@coventry.ac.uk
- 10.4 You can also withdraw your consent for your data to be held by FutureLets at any time by contacting FutureLets at email@example.com . Please be advised that by withdrawing your consent FutureLets will be unable to process your application for accommodation.
- 10.5 If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds please note that You will also be requested to sign a specific Data Protection declaration, which will enable us to share any data with the Coventry University Welfare department. If You do not consent to signing the Data Protection declaration, FutureLets will not pass on any data to the University Welfare Department and will delete any medical evidence sent to us following completion of the application process.
- 10.6 The University Group will retain your data for 6 years from application and then will securely delete it from its systems.
- 10.7 You consent to receiving communication from FutureLets in relation to accommodation.
- However if you wish to unsubscribe from receiving this communication please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
11 These T&CS and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
By submitting this application You hereby agree to the above Terms and Conditions and You agree to your data being processed in this manner.
Without your express permission we cannot process your application, meaning we will be unable to assess or respond to your application.