Gain exposure to different global cultures through Global Leaders Programme (GLP) international experience and learn how business operates around the world.
Our international experiences will enable you to apply the practical skills learnt through GLP activities in a new international setting. You'll also get to meet international employers, gain an understanding of the varying economic climates and make friends from all over the world.
The map below shows just a handful of the previous destinations we've taken students to as part of the Global Leaders Programme:
8 ways to gain international experience
The Global Leaders Programme makes it easy to access a wide variety of international experiences. See how you can visit your favourite countries and gain points towards the GLP through the following activities across the globe
- Attend a one week GLP trip to destinations such as Malaysia, India, America, Sri Lanka, Spain, Germany, Oman and many more, to experience different cultures and see how business operates across the globe
- Fly to an international symposium, a formal gathering in an academic setting with experts in the field. Get inspired from motivational speakers on hot topics such as humanitarian affairs, global issues and modern leadership
- Take part in a field trip with your course-here you can travel with your classmates, increase your subject knowledge and gain points towards GLP
- Take advantage of an international experience grant through the Centre for Global Engagement (CGE), where you can undertake international volunteering or a research project anywhere in the world while receiving points towards GLP
- Partake in international conferences through your course to gain points towards GLP, or attend a GLP organised conference such as the recent Model United Nation Conference in New York
- Join the Erasmus scheme as an Undergraduate student, to study or work abroad, or develop your international experience and get points towards GLP
- Learn one of the 19 languages on offer through the Linguae Mundi programme, such as Conversational English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic and many more. You get the chance to attend a language field trip across Europe. This is a great way of earning points towards GLP and practicing your new language skills
- Gain international experience right here on CU campus through Culturae Mundi events, to gain GLP points. Meet students from all around the world and share cultural experiences at events such as movie festivals, Black History month, Chinese New Year and many more