Careers and Employability Services
The focus is on results, not just academically, but in students' career and entrepreneurial ambitions: In every faculty and school, the primary focus is on preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. Driving this is an ambitious programme of employability, careers and enterprise initiatives:
- Entrepreneurial University of the Year
- Last year an impressive 94% of Coventry graduates gained employment or continued onto further study
- Nominated in Top 3 Universities for Employability Guardian 2015.
Preparing you for the future starts long before graduation: Securing a graduate level position, postgraduate course or professional training, or developing your own business are the returns you want for your investment in time and tuition fees. Preparing you for those outcomes is central to the design of the courses and support we provide.
Coventry graduates have secured jobs with some of the world's leading organisations:
Careers focus on campus:
- Central to our work is making sure that you have good access to placement and job opportunities and all the support you need to secure these opportunities.
- There is an ongoing programme of careers events and employer presentations.
- Coventry is very well located for the major 'National Graduate Recruitment' events held nearby at the NEC in Birmingham.
- Employers come into the University to introduce you to their graduate training programmes, providing you with first-hand information on what they will require from applicants and the skills you will need to get a graduate job.
The Careers and Employability team are always available to help you:
- Choose your course/modules (available before you come to University).
- Recognise & develop graduate employment skills.
- Plan your career (whether or not you know what you want to do).
- Prepare CVs & application form.
- Access work experience.
- Explore opportunities in employment, further study or work abroad.
- Market your skills effectively.
- Identify employers & vacancies of interest.
- Understand the recruitment & selection process used by employers.
- Prepare for interviews.
- Ongoing support after graduation.
For further information, advice or to book an appointment contact:
Central Careers Service
Coventry CV1 5QP
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7765 2011
Opening hours: 8:30am to 6pm (Mondays to Fridays)