Depending on what kind of user you are, there are two different Web Services available to reset your password.
Student Password Changes
If you are a current student then you can reset your password on the ITS Student Register. Please go to the following link and follow the on screen instructions: https://webapp.coventry.ac.uk/StudentRegister/Identification.aspx.
This web service will change your password used on the ITS Windows Managed Desktops/Applications, CU2STUDY, Student Portals, Live@Edu and the campus Wireless Network.
Staff Password Changes
If you are a current member of Staff and your password has expired or you just simply want to change it.
For staff who have not yet been moved to Office 365, please follow these instructions: go to the following link https://webmail.coventry.ac.uk.
This web service will change your password used on the ITS Windows Managed Desktops/Applications, CU2WORK, Exchange e-mail, Wireless Network, and EDUroam.
If you want to change your password to a new one please do the following:
- Login to Webmail (Outlook Web App) with your existing username and password
- Choose Options from the top right hand pane
- Select 'Change Your Password'
Alternatively for staff who have already been moved to Office 365, follow these instructions:
You can only change your password through a CU2Work session.
- Launch a CU2Work session from your computer (by launching the Remote Desktop Connection programme on a PC). If you don't know how to do this then please contact the IT helpdesk, who will guide you through the process.
- Login via CU2Work using your existing username and password.
- When the CU2Work Remote Desktop Connection window comes up, click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the window.
- Click on 'Windows Security'.
- Click on 'Change a password'.
If you change your password from a University PC that is not currently on the campus network (e.g. from home), then the new password update will only be applied to that device once it is brought onto the campus network.
Note that this will be the only password change method that Office 365 users can use until all staff have been migrated to Office 365.
If your password has expired then please enter your old details into the username and password fields and then the web service will prompt you to change your expired password.
If you are unsure which password you need to change or you have forgotten your password then please contact the ITS Service Desk on x657777.