As technology brings us closer together, organisations of all sizes have people working internationally and remotely across different time-zones.
To meet this changing environment the skills of leaders and managers must also change. Employers are looking for individuals with the ability to work across different cultures, have the ability to manage teams and possess problem solving and critical analysis skills.
Developed in partnership with the Chartered Management Institute, the Global Professional Development module uses a variety of techniques to give students the practical leadership skills to critically evaluate and develop solutions to complex, inter-related, multi-faceted issues that you will experience in organisations.
Students who successfully complete the module and meet the CMI evidence requirements will gain an L7 Certificate in Strategic Leadership and Management and an L7 Award in Professional Consulting.
What will I study?
The module will be taught over four learning workshops spaced across the semester, supplemented with online learning sessions designed by CMI. You will study:
- tools and techniques of effective consultancy;
- strategic leadership;
- strategic leadership practice.
Teaching, learning and assessment
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of how to identify client needs and be able to develop appropriate research strategies for consultancy interventions;
- appraise the importance of expert tools and techniques to a consultant;
- evaluate the relationship between strategic management, leadership and leadership styles and principles that support organisational ethical and value-based approaches to leadership;
- evaluate the application of leadership strategies and the impact on organisational direction.
Benefits of this module
All students will become Affiliate Members of CMI during their period of study. This will give you access to a whole host of benefits including access to:
- CMI’s online resource portal LeadershipDirect which contains thousands of resources including videos, checklists, e-learning modules, full text journals and e-books to support you in your studies;
- a comprehensive online portal, Career Development Centre, allowing you to develop your skills polish your CV and start approaching employers;
- an online mentoring service where you can connect and learn from other leaders.
Participating courses for September 2016
MSc Air Transport Management
MSc Applied Psychology
MSc Career Coaching
MSc Civil Engineering
MSc Civil & Structural Engineering
MSc Design and Transport
MA Diplomacy, Law and Global Change
MSc Disaster Management
MSc Economic Policy and International Trade
MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering
MSc Emergency Planning and Management
MSc Engineering and Management
MSc Engineering Business Management
MSc Engineering Project Management
MA English Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics
MSc Fraud Investigation Management
MSc Global Healthcare Management
MSc Global Logistics
MA Human Resource Management
MSc Industrial Product Design
MSc Information Technology
MSc International Business
MSc International Business Economics
LLM International Business Law
MSc International Human Resource Management
LLM International Law
MA International Relations
MSc International Tourism Management
MSc Interior Design
MSc Management Information Systems
MSc Management of Information Technology
LLM Oil and Gas Energy Law (New for Sep 2016)
MSc Production Engineering and Operations Management
MSc Supply Chain Management
MA Terrorism, International Crime and Global Security