When you are ready to submit an application please ensure that you provide all of the following information:
- A Research Proposal – A Research Proposal – guidance on what to include is available in our Research Proposal Guidelines.
- Two academic references (RD04s) from your most recently attended Higher Education Institution (HEI) or one current work reference and one academic reference. References should be from current/former tutors/employers and testify to your academic abilities and suitability for research study. References must be received from professional email accounts or on official headed paper bearing a company stamp or seal. We do not accept references from personal (e.g. hotmail / gmail) accounts or those submitted as editable word documents.
- Copies of all of your degree certificates and transcripts. If these were issued in a language other than English, we must see both the original documents as well as notarised translations into English.
- A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport (and any current/previous UK visas you have been awarded if applicable).
- A copy of your latest IELTS / SELT qualification certificate awarded in the two years immediately preceding your proposed course start date (an overall ‘Academic’ IELTS score of 7.0 or above with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the four components, or a UKVI accepted equivalent English language qualification)
The only exception to this requirement is for students educated to UK degree level standard in the medium of English in the UK or in a majority English speaking country within the two years immediately preceding the proposed course start date (e.g. for courses starting in May 2017 the qualification must have been awarded in June 2015 or later).
Please visit the UK Visa Immigration Service website for further guidance on accepted English language qualifications.
Please visit the UK Visa Immigration Service for further guidance on recognised test centres.
If you have booked to take this examination, but are not yet in receipt of your test results, please send in confirmation of the test booking to enable consideration of your application.
- If you are a sponsored student, please read the sponsor letter guidance at the foot of this page and advise your financial sponsor of the requirements their letter will need to satisfy.
Please note that any applications containing documents that have been forged or altered will be automatically rejected. If any supporting documents were issued in a language other than English, we must see both the original documents as well as notarised translations into English.
You should email your application documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in order to ensure your application delivers to us, that you should keep the total size of your email below 10MB in total. If your documents are larger in size than this we recommend that you split documentation over two or three emails.
Alternatively you can apply by post to:
Research Recruitment and Admissions team
Postgraduate Research Student Support Unit
Alan Berry Building
To complete the pdf files: you must save each file to your computer and then open it in Acrobat Reader before starting to fill in the form. To do this, right-click on the download link so that a menu appears and select Save Target As or Save Link As; you can then save the file to your chosen folder on your computer, then browse to the file and open it by double-clicking on it. If you try to fill in the form while it's open in your browser, you won't be able to save the information that you've entered. If you have any issues with downloading and completing any of these forms please contact the University on email@example.com to obtain the form in an alternative format.
As a requirement of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) regulations, Coventry University is making a change to its sponsor letter criteria.
If you are providing financial support to a named student, please ensure that you include the following details within the sponsorship letter:
- The name and full postal address of the invoicing team at your organisation
- The name and contact details of your organisation
- The date of issue of the letter
- The student’s full name, course title and proposed course start date (e.g. September 2016 or January 2017)
- The length of the official financial sponsorship. Please note that a new letter will be required for each academic year.
- The amount of money you are providing to the student (provided in GBP), or a statement confirming that you, as the official financial sponsor, will cover all of the tuition fees and associated living costs of the student.
- A statement confirming explicitly that, where offered, tuition fees will be paid directly to Coventry University
This information is required to avoid delay in the release of the sponsor Visa letter/CAS due to the above information being missing from the sponsor letter.