Undergraduate Finance

Campus Map

Working with Coventry University

Working at Coventry University

Coventry University is a diverse and exciting place to work and we share the enthusiasm of our staff and students to be the best at whatever they choose to do. As one of the City’s biggest employers, we offer some impressive benefits for our staff and are committed to delivering the very best opportunities. We have a comprehensive training, personal and professional development programme that provides our employees with the skills to enhance their performance in the workplace and grow in their careers. There are pension schemes, a generous holiday allowance and flexible working opportunities as well as lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, discounted membership to the £4 million sports and recreation centre and schemes such as Cycle to Work and the CU Car Share initiative.

View current job vacancies.


Staff portal

Access the central point of information for all staff across the University.


Student Portal

Check your assessments, access Solar and get course information.


Undergraduate Finance

Coventry University realises that attending University requires a significant investment financially. We pride ourselves on offering competitive tuition fees which we review on an annual basis and a wide range of scholarships to support students with their studies.

UK Fees

The fees for individual courses can be found by looking up the course on our Course Finder or by ordering a prospectus.

Course fees are calculated on the basis of what it costs to teach each course and we aim for total financial transparency. We do not think it is right for students in some subjects to subsidise students in other subjects.

The fees cover all essential costs of studying the course including core textbooks, printing, and mandatory UK field trips. We also make clear if there are optional activities that will have to be paid for; we want to make sure we don’t give anyone any nasty financial surprises.

Find out more about Tuition Fee Loans here.

Paying your tuition fees

Payments may be made to the University in person, by post, and, for certain credit and debit cards, by telephone or via our web e-payment gateway.

You can pay by Mastercard or Visa credit card and Solo or Switch debit card by telephone or via the web. Please note however that telephone and web payments will only be accepted where data matches our verification procedures.  

Online payments

To pay online, Coventry University students should visit our e-payment gateway for Coventry University, and CU Coventry students should visit our e-payment gateway for CU Coventry.

Phone payments

To pay by phone, or make an enquiry, please contact the Income Team as below.

Team Type of query Telephone number Email address
Invoicing Tuition fee invoices, fee queries, fee sponsors, direct debits. 024 7615 2277 incenq.fin@coventry.ac.uk
Treasury Methods of payment, bank transfers, e-payments, receipt requests. 024 7615 2255 moneyenq.fin@coventry.ac.uk
Credit Control Discussion of overdue payments, blocking and exclusions, instalment plan arrangements 024 7615 2266 debtenq.fin@coventry.ac.uk


Payments in person

Payments in person can be made at the cash office based in the Student Centre, Gulson Road.

Student Centre cash office open hours: Monday - Friday 10.00 am until 16.00 pm

Please note: on the last Friday of each month we will close at 15.00 pm to complete our month end process.

For payments in person, generally all major credit cards are accepted, with the exception of American Express and Diners Club card. Cheques should be made payable to 'Coventry University'. 

Payments by post should be addressed to:

Coventry University
Finance Income Team
Priory Street


Coventry University's Flexible Payment Schemes

If you don't want to borrow your tuition fees from the UK Government then we can help you spread the cost. You can pay your fees directly to the University without applying for a Government student loan. We can offer one of the following payment schemes to help you, your parents or guardians manage the cost:

  • Full Payment Scheme;
  • Two Instalment Scheme;
  • Eight Instalment Scheme.

Please refer to our full Tuition Fee Terms and Conditions here.

Sponsored students

If your fees are to be paid in part or fully by a sponsor (such as your employer), you will be required to provide at enrolment a letter or Fee Authorisation Form. In the case of a letter from your sponsor, this should be supplied on company headed paper and state the amount of support you will be receiving and the academic year it relates to.

A Fee Authorisation Form can be obtained from the University's Finance Income team, or downloaded as a pdf. Once you have enrolled your sponsor will automatically be invoiced.

Fee Authorisation Forms are only to be completed by registered organisations and companies, and should not be used if your fees are to be paid by family members, friends etc., unless you are officially listed as an employee of theirs.

In all cases the document must be signed by an appropriate signatory.

The completed form can be scanned and emailed to the Income Team at incenq.fin@coventry.ac.uk. Alternatively, you can submit the completed form to the Income Team in person at the Student Centre or by post to the address below:

Coventry University
Finance Income Team
Priory Street

Is there any support for part-time undergraduate students?

Providing you are studying at least 25% of the full-time equivalent course per year, you can opt into one of the Flexible Payment Schemes in the same way as a full-time student. If you are enrolled for less than 25% of the full-time equivalent course per year then you must pay in full on enrolment. Please note that there are no early payment discounts or alumni discounts for students embarking on a part-time route.


The information provided is subject to approval by the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) and in some cases is dependent on UK Parliamentary approval. The fees, loans and grant details are based on published information on the DirectGov website and are subject to change. Please check the Direct Gov Student Finance page for the latest information. 

For further queries, the Student Finance Team are located in:

Student Centre
1 Gulson Road
Coventry CV1 2JH 

Finance (Fees)
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7615 2277
Email: incenq.fin@coventry.ac.uk

Government Funding

The Government's 2016 Funding Scheme

  • Tuition fee support (tuition fee loan);
  • Living cost (maintenance loan).
How will the new Government Tuition Fee Loans work?

UK and EU students can take out a Tuition Fee Loan from the UK Government to pay their fees. The key information about these loans is:

  • you don't have to pay for your course tuition fees while you are studying;
  • your tuition fees are paid directly to the University if you take out a loan;
  • you can get a loan to cover the full cost of your tuition fees and you only start to pay it back when you are earning over £21,000 a year.

UK students studying full-time can take out a Maintenance Loan from the UK Government to help with costs such as food, accommodation and travel. Further information can be found at GOV.UK.

How will I pay back my loan?

If you take out a loan for tuition fees and/or for living costs from the UK Government then your loan repayments will be deducted from your salary, normally through the UK tax system. If you have not repaid your loans after 30 years they are written off by the UK Government

Is there any support for students with dependants?

The Government provides extra financial help to full-time students with child or adult dependants:

  • Adult Dependants' Grant;
  • Childcare Grant;
  • Parents' Learning Allowance.

Further information can be found at GOV.UK.

Is there any support for students with disabilities/special needs or learning difficulties?

You may be entitled to apply for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). This allowance is not dependent on your income and is not repayable. The DSA is intended to help with the extra costs of study that are a direct result of your disability. Items such as specialist equipment, non-medical helper, travel costs and other general costs can be included depending on your needs. Further details can be obtained from GOV.UK. 

Social work students: from 2013 Social Work students will not qualify for a bursary in the first year of their study. The Social Work Bursary if eligible will only be paid in years 2 and 3. Students can apply for tuition fee and living costs support in the same way. 

Self-financing students

Students paying their own tuition fees will be issued with an invoice during the enrolment process. You will have to settle this invoice immediately or sign up to paying by instalments as detailed above.


Bursaries are available to NHS students. Further details can be found on the NHS Business Service Authority website using the Bursary Online Support System (BOSS).

ELC Scheme

The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) provides financial support for members of the Armed Forces looking to pursue Higher Education. For more information, please visit their website.

Contact details

The Finance Team are based in the Student Centre, 1 Gulson Road, Coventry CV1 2JH.

Finance (Fees)
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7615 2277
Email: incenq@coventry.ac.uk

Student Funding (Scholarships, Loans and Grants)
Tel: +44 (0) 24 7765 2040
Email: fundingsupport@coventry.ac.uk