Coventry University London has worked with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to map selected modules on this programme to the CMI syllabus. As a result of this, students who pass two specific modules on their way to achieving the full qualification can be awarded the CMI Certificate Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership*. The CMI is the UK awarding body for management and leadership qualifications. It is the only chartered professional body dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It counts more than 100,000 members and is internationally recognised as the professional body that set the standards in management.
This programme is also designed to provide you with up to date knowledge of the Oil, Gas and Energy Industry, giving you a holistic view of the value chain of the Hydrocarbon and Energy Business. You will be taught key management principles, models, practical theories and best practices that will enhance your competitiveness and prepare you for management roles in the hydrocarbon and energy industry.
You will also have the opportunity of acquiring professional certifications such as the NEBOSH and IOSH during the course of your Programme.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- A unique experience delivered by an institution with strong foundations in educating business leaders;
- Work-related activity and leading lectures from high-profile business figures;
- Essential training in key areas such as CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique which will enhance your employability prospects in the industry
- Comprehensive immigration, visa advice and student support is available;
- A programme infused with work experience opportunities – the programme has strategic business partners that offer field trip opportunities, guest lectures and internship opportunities;
- A programme delivered by a Department accredited as a Learning Affiliate with the Energy Institute;
- Two major Oil and Gas Management simulations that put students in emergency situations and in situations where they are required to manage their company and relations with governments, communities, competitors, suppliers, NGOs and its own staff in tricky circumstances;
- Business start-up advice and support during the programme if students wish to start their own business;
- An opportunity to participate in UK and International field trips.
- An opportunity to obtain a dual qualification - MBA Oil and Gas Management plus CMI Certificate Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership qualification.
* Subject to registering as a CMI member: CMI membership fees apply.
Coventry University London is a registered Learning Affiliate with the Energy Institute. This relationship provides our students with the following benefits:
- Free individual EI membership for our students
- Specialized career talks delivered by local experts
- Periodic Publications from the Energy Institute which include ‘Energy World’ and ‘Petroleum Review’
Our students will benefit from free networking events with respected individuals high up in the Energy Industry and will have free access to EI online resources which will enable them document their career progression, with which they could present to employers.
Our students will also have the opportunity to apply for ‘Benevolent Funds’ and other forms of assistance provided by the Energy Institute.