The course is structured around skills to develop and manage therapeutic interventions and services, embedding horticulture and horticultural design. The programme is divided in to 5 modules:
- Social and Therapeutic Horticulture: Theory and Practice;
- Developing a Social and Therapeutic Project;
- Horticulture: Skills for Practice;
- Planning and Design in Social and Therapeutic Horticulture;
- Managing a Social and Therapeutic Project.
Teaching and learning encourages cooperation and team work and consists of a combination of face to face, workshops, online, distance and independent study. The programme is delivered across three sites and embeds an experiential practice based approach to develop oral written and digital presentation skills.
Although based at Coventry University, some modules take place at Pershore College, Worcestershire, Warwickshire College and Thrive (the national charity for social and therapeutic horticulture based in Reading).