The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management consists of four mandatory modules which provide you with the knowledge, understanding and competence in the area of people management and development. In addition you will be required to complete four optional modules from the suite provided.
The modules outlined below reflect the CIPD national qualification framework.
- Leading, Managing and Developing People;
- HRM in Context;
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership;
- Investigating a Business issue from an HR Perspective.
- Organisational Design and Development
- Leadership and Management Development
Mandatory modules are designed to enable you to develop knowledge and understanding and a set of core skills that are deemed necessary to underpin competent human resource management and development practice.
In this respect the areas of study will assist you in developing a broad knowledge of a range of business and management skills which is vital for all with or seeking responsibility for general management and those who need to understand the organisation within which they work in order to exercise influence.
Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
This mandatory module allows you to develop professional competence and to investigate, research and make recommendations on a range of human resource management and development issues. You will be encouraged to choose issues that have a direct relevance to your employer.
You will need to complete 2 further optional modules.
HRD optional modules
- Understanding and Implementing Coaching and Mentoring;
- Learning and Talent Development
- Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Learning and Development Provision;
HRM optional modules
- Resourcing and Talent Management;
- Employment Law;
- Performance Management;
- Managing Employment Relations
Students who wish to only study one module from the Mandatory and Option modules can also be awarded a CIPD Advanced Award in Human Resources on successful completion.
A CIPD Advanced Certificate in HRM can be awarded on successful completion of four modules and a Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resources can also be awarded from Coventry University.