The Add+vantage scheme of mandatory employability modules is designed to help students develop more of the practical skills and capabilities sought-after by employers
The aim is to enable Coventry University students to be better prepared to “hit the ground running”. Once in employment, contributing to organisations from day one. This initiative can add value to students’ higher education experience, complementing the skills and knowledge acquired through degree subjects and giving students an approach to enhance their employability.
The development of Add+vantage involved planning and consultation with a range of stakeholder groups and employers. As a result, the University has augmented the scheme with many new modules, including among others:
- Leading and Inspiring People (CMI);
- Creative Thinking for Business;
- Effective Communication Skills;
- Counselling Skills;
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL);
- Business Response to Climate Change;
- Language modules (French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Arabic).