Quality Papers: increase confidence when writing
You enjoy research, but writing papers is either scary or just takes too long. Pressing commitments mean, however, that you haven't got patches of undisturbed hours in your diary. If you are a scientist you work with co-authors who need co-ordinating. If in arts and humanities, you tend to be more isolated. Quality Papers provides a process that can help you write with greater speed and confidence, at the same time as increasing your chance of getting published in your target journal. The course gives strategies for getting the best from your co-authors and streamlining thinking, writing and editing.
What will I get out of this course?
This six-hour course enables participants to:
- build a strategy for deciding which journal to target
- identify that journal‘s requirements and paper structures,
- write a message that sums up your findings / ideas,
- use your message and their structure to decide what needs to go into the paper
- write quickly,
- edit with confidence, and create a clear and simple covering letter / note.
Who is it for?
a post graduate student about to write your first paper,
Participant preparation needed?
What prior experience do I need?
Length of course