How well do you understand the University’s policy and procedures on Sickness Absence? What is the manager’s role in dealing with staff who are absent? What actions are appropriate in dealing with someone with sporadic short absences or with a long-term illness?
What will I get out of this course?
This course is intended to give you an understanding of the University’s Sickness Absence policy, and ensure that you are confident in applying the procedures.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the impact of absenteeism
- The benefits of managing attendance
- Return-to-work discussions – ‘how to’ and ‘how not to’
- Applying University policy and procedures
- Sharing good practice
- How do rights to parental leave and emergency dependants’ leave fit in?
Who is it for?
- First-line managers and supervisors who are responsible for applying the initial stages of the University’s absence management procedures, and who need a greater understanding of their role
- Managers, particularly those in more senior roles, who may be involved in the more formal aspects of applying the University procedures.
Participant preparation needed?
Length of course