From photography to film and from magazines to social media, this module aims to give students a greater understanding of the role of communications, culture and media in our global society. Using the specific theme of Celebrity, students will explore ideas of how ‘fame’ is mediated in contemporary cultural contexts across a variety of media platforms.
All our sessions are interactive and seek to enhance students’ understanding by blending learning with practical workshops, lectures, seminars and study trips.
On completion of this course, students will demonstrate they have:
- Greater awareness of communicative and cultural practices across the media
- The ability to analyse how concepts of celebrity are constructed in media
- Greater understanding of how image and texts are used to communicate across a variety of media platforms
- The ability to assimilate and disseminate the concepts that underpin the module aims
- A greater awareness of presentation skills
Please note: The prices listed relate only to applications made directly to the University and that the fees for applications made via agents or other third parties may be higher.
As the programme is delivered in English, you will require a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills. You must also be aged 18 or above.
Please note we are unable to provide flights or visas. You will be responsible for ensuring that these arrangements are made before the course starts.
Due to changes in visa requirements, visas may take slightly longer than anticipated so ensure that sufficient time is allowed to apply. Visa advice can be obtained through the UK government website.