Mental Health Productivity Pilot
3 years to June 2022
University of Warwick
West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA)
Mind, the mental health charity
Professor Guy Daly, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Education and Students), Coventry University
Professor Caroline Meyer, Professor of Applied Psychology, University of Warwick
Superintendent Sean Russell, Wellbeing Director, West Midlands Combined Authority
University of Birmingham, University of Derby, University of Lincoln, University of Loughborough, University of Nottingham, Public Health England, Mental Health service providers from East and West Midlands, Local Authorities and LEPs from East and West Midlands, Industry representation
- To develop a theory of change, from mental health improvement to productivity;
- To inform the understanding of key mechanisms through which improved mental health can enhance firms’ performance, such as reductions in absenteeism, presenteeism and other less well documented mechanisms;
- To assess and review current activity in the workplace, in order to understand the extent to which employers use interventions; their effectiveness and scalability; identification of gaps and associated costs to employers;
- To develop and pilot (new as well as existing) interventions for employers as well as providing a unifying framework for subsequent interventions and impact assessment;
- To develop an employment engagement programme to support businesses and raise awareness of mental health in the region, create a workplace culture of openness, enable self-help through toolkits and to reduce sitgma attached to mental health.
Email general enquires for any queries about the Mental Health Productivity.