Many students have part-time jobs while at University, but did you know the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing employs its own students? As a paid Student Advocate you will be allocated a specific role which can be fitted around your classes.
Duties are plentiful and varied and – with a proper interview selection – make a valuable addition to your CV. You could be asked to:
- Assist EEC Futures (employability and placements team) with client sourcing and events;
- Run the Faculty's Social Media presence and respond to queries on thestudentroom.com;
- Work with the Faculty's Marketing Office to assist with external events;
- Lead building tours for visitors and staff;
- Assist the Business/Enterprise/Commercial Department on events and research;
- Support the Facilities Management Office, undertaking tasks around the EC building and John Laing building;
- Act as a mentor to other students.
Read what our Student Advocates say about working for the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing: