Meet ICTE: The International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship
The ICTE is a unique Centre, formed to support sustainable socio-economic transformation through systemic approaches to entrepreneurship in communities.
Within this context, ‘transformational entrepreneurship’ refers to a holistic and heuristic orientation in terms of entrepreneurship promotion and combines the individual and other sub-systems (such as society and institutions) interacting and collaborating to create a positive framework in which opportunities can be exploited beyond the local level. This is achieved through a focus on entrepreneurial education, leading edge research in entrepreneurship, university enterprise zones and policy/ practices that can assist transformational entrepreneurship. ICTE is reaching out internationally and recently launched the African Institute for Transformational Entrepreneurship in Ghana.
The research that ICTE undertakes informs our thinking and focuses on the following themes:
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Education
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Innovation specifically focusing on second order innovation • University enterprise zones
- Formulation of policy and impact
The educational modules and programmes ICTE offers include the following:
- 19 Modules as part of the suite of employability modules open to all students
- A venture creation BA in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- MA in Global Entrepreneurship
- MA in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Education
- Dedicated PhD research