As Associate Dean International for the Faculty of Arts & Humanities, I am delighted that you have chosen to study with us at Coventry and I extend a very warm welcome to you all. We are a very internationally focussed university and the Faculty of Arts & Humanities is no exception with undergraduate and postgraduate students from all over the world.
As an international student, you bring with you a wealth of cultural, linguistic and intellectual knowledge and expertise that we value highly in order to create a rich and diverse environment for intercultural learning. We aim to provide opportunities for all of our students to engage in international learning projects and field trips that will prepare you to take your place in the global workplace.
Outside of your studies, we hope that you will take advantage of the wealth of activities and societies that we have here at Coventry and also use our many support and advice services that will enable you to make the most of your time in the UK.
We look forward to working with you and invite you to feed back to us on your experience so that we can ensure that your time with us is a truly great educational and social experience.
Barbara Tully, Associate Dean - International
Online International Learning (OIL) projects allow collaboration between students internationally to share ideas, discuss course specific issues, explore cultural differences and encourage an intercultural dialog. The Faculty of Arts & Humanities has developed OIL collaborations with:
- University of Artes, Bucharest, Romania
- Universite’ de Haute Alsace Colmar, France
- Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico
- Yeungnam University, in Gyeongsan, South Korea
- Genesee Community College, SUNY, USA
- Institut Mark Perrot, SML, France
- University of Wittwaterstrand, University of Cape Town, SA
- Queensland university of Technology, Australia
- University of Malaga, Spain
- University of Tampere, Finland
- University of MPA, Frankfurt, Germany
- Academie Minerva, Hanze, Groningen
- Middlebury College, USA
- University of West Indies, Jamaica
We've organised trips previously to the NBA Institute in New Dehli, where our Media students were able to take advantage of the connection to Jain TV. This trip is aimed at providing a deeper understanding of culture, while interacting with local students and undertaking lecture sessions.
A group of students have also been taken to the Model United Nations Conference in New York. Students were given the opportunity to become UN delegates and represent a given country within the various committees.
We're proud to welcome internationally acclaimed speakers to our Faculty to enrich our students' experiences and career aspirations. Former speaker events include:
- Donald Steele, Former Chief Media Spokesman at the BBC, who discussed crisis communications in the social media age.
- Christopher Townsend, Visual Effects Supervisor for films including the Avengers: Age of Ultron and Hulk.