I am a reader in Mathematics Physics at Coventry University. I obtained my first degree, MA in Mathematics and Natural Philosophy from Aberdeen University in 1982. My postgraduate research was carried out under the supervision of Prof Roger Penrose and Dr Nicholas Woodhouse in the geometric physics group at Oxford University, resulting in the award of the degree of DPhil in 1988. Since 1986 I have been a member of the School of Computing, Electronics and Maths at Coventy University.
I have published numerous research papers, and have been invited to speak at several international conferences and meetings. I am a Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and of the London Mathematical Society.
- RJ Low (2012) Time machines, maximal extensions and Zorn's lemma Classical and Quantum Gravity 29 097001.
- HJ Kamberaj, R Low, MP Neal (2005) Time reversible and symplectic integrators for molecular dynamics simulations of rigid molecules Journal of Chemical Physics 122 224114.
- M Solymosi, RJ Low, M Grayson, MP Neal (2002) A generalized scaling of a chiral index for molecules J Chem Phys 116 9875--9881.
- R J Low (2002) Measuring order and biaxiality Eur. J. Phys. 23 111--117.
- R J Low (1999) Speed limits in general relativity Class. Quantum Grav. 16 543-549.
- RJ Low (1998) Stable Singularities of Wave-Fronts in General Relativity Journal of Mathematical Physics 39 3332-3335.
- RJ Low (1989) The geometry of the space of null geodesics Journal of Mathematical Physics 30 809-811.