Professor Jill Journeaux
Born in Jersey, Channel Islands in 1959, Jill Journeaux studied Fine Art and Sculpture at the Lanchester Polytechnic, Hull School of Art and St. Martins School of Art. She has been exhibiting her drawings, sculptures and paintings since 1980 and her work is in public and private collections in the UK, USA, Portugal, France and Germany.
Jill Journeaux has held a number of senior posts at Coventry University, including Dean of Coventry School of Art and Design and Head of the Department of Design and Visual Arts. She has contributed to the Art and Design Higher Education Sector through her work for The National Association for Fine Art Education (NAFAE), which she chaired from 2003-7, and her work as a committee member of the Group for Learning in Art and Design (GLAD).
Jill Journeaux has undertaken work for the Quality Assurance Agency, HEFCE and the CNAA. She was a member of the 2000 Art and Design Benchmarking Group, and has extensive experience as an external examiner at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Journeaux, J., and Burns, J. (2013) 'The Body Redrawn'. TRACEY
- Journeaux, J., and Hannon, A. (2013) 'The House is still named after Him'. Arts and Humanities in Higher Education
- Journeaux, J., Lewis, S., Wade, S., Mc Intrye, C., Hunt, E., and Frankell, P. (2008) 'Leadership for Art and Design Higher Education'. Proceedings of GLAD08, 'GLAD08'. Held 2008 in UK
- Journeaux, J. (2005) 'Desire, Domesticity and Labour: a case study in practice'. Proceedings of The Labour of Art Conference, 'The Labour of Art Conference'. Held 2005 in Lincoln, UK. Beehive Press
- Journeaux, J. (2007) The 1st International Contemporary Art Exhibition [group exhibition]. Held 13 Dec 2007-20 Feb 2008 at Art Vision, Gwang Ju, South Korea
- Journeaux, J., Green, R., and Lewis, S. (2004) Seeing the Light [group exhibition]. Held 2004 at the Exhibition Centre, Forteleza, Sagres, Portugal
- Journeaux, J. (2005) Drawing Breath [group exhibition]. Held 13 Sep-15 Oct 2005 at Lugar do Desentio, Fundacao Julio Resende, Porto, Portugal
- Journeaux, J., and Lewis, S. (2008) 'BA Hons Fine Art UK: Mind the Gap'. Proceedings of the CTLAD Conference Enhancing Curricula, 'CTLAD Conference Enhancing Curricula'. Held 2008 in New York, USA. London: University of the Arts
- Journeaux, J. (2013) Between angels and insects Eight artworks installed in the Main Reception of the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire
- Journeaux, J. (2008) 'Project-Centred Learning in Art and Design'. Proceedings of Symposium on Project Centred Learning, 'Symposium on Project Centred Learning'. Held 2008 in Boston, USA