Professor Glauco De Vita
Glauco De Vita is a Professor of International Business Economics in the Centre for Business in Society (CBiS). A former Senior Analyst for an American multinational, Glauco joins Coventry University in November 2015, from Oxford Brookes where over the years he held several key roles including Research Area Leader for Economics, Strategy and International Business, and Associate Dean Research & Knowledge Exchange. Glauco has over 50 publications based on leading-edge contributions in various areas of economics, and business and management. Some journal high spots include: Economics Letters; Urban Studies; International Journal of Management Reviews; Journal of Business Research; Journal of Small Business Management; Annals of Tourism Research; and Tourism Management. He has published extensively also in management education (e.g., Studies in Higher Education), where he has also earned an international reputation. He has a track record of successful bid writing, including as ESRC grant award holder, and considerable experience of successful supervision of master and doctoral students as well as PhD examining (Bath, Reading, York, etc.). He is a member of various editorial boards, a Fellow of The HE Academy (UK) and of the World Business Institute (Australia), and a Member of the Academic Council of the Oxford Academic Union, where he also sits as the Head of the Committee for Management and Economics. He also served as a Member of the Advisory Panel to the UK Government Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- De Vita, G., and Kyaw, K.S. (2016) ‘Tourism development and growth’. Annals of Tourism Research [in press]. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2016.05.011
- Luo, Y., Tanna, S., and De Vita, G. (2016) ‘Financial Openness, Risk and Bank Efficiency: Cross-Country Evidence’. Journal of financial stability. [in press]
- De Vita, G., and Kyaw, S.K. (2016) ‘Tourism Specialization, Absorptive Capacity and Economic Growth'. Journal of Travel Research. [in press]
- De Vita, G., and Trachanas, E. (2016) ‘Nonlinear causality between crude oil price and exchange rate: A comparative study of China and India’ - A failed replication (negative Type 1 and Type 2). Energy Economics [in press]. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2016.03.014
- Altinay, L., Madanoglu, M., De Vita, G., Arasli, H., and Ekinci, Y. (2016) ‘The Interface between Organizational Learning Capability, Entrepreneurial Orientation, and SME Growth’. Journal of Small Business Management. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jsbm
- De Vita, G., Lagoke, O., and Adesola, S. (2016) ‘Nigerian oil and gas industry local content development: A stakeholder analysis’. Public Policy and Administration 31 (1), 51-79.
- Mozumder, N., De Vita, G., Kyaw, K.S., and Larkin, C. (2015) ‘Exchange rate movements and firm value: Evidence from European firms across the financial crisis period’. Journal of Economic Studie 42 (4), 561-577.
- De Vita, G., and Tekaya, A. (2015) ‘Hotel outsourcing under asset specificity: ‘The good, thebad and the ugly’. Tourism Management 47, 97-106.
- De Vita, G., and Berger, W. (2015) ‘‘Forward guidance’: New monetary policy instrument or esoteric fad?’Public Money and Management 35 (4), 282-289.
- De Vita, G., Katircioglu, S., Altinay, L., Fethy, S., and Mercan, M. (2015) ‘Revisiting the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in a tourism development context’. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 22 (21), 16652-16663. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11356-015-4861-4
- De Vita, G., and Case, P. (2015) ‘’The smell of the place’: Managerialist culture in contemporary UK business schools’. Culture and Organization [in press]. Available from http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14759551.2014.971122
- De Vita, G. (2014) ‘The long-run impact of exchange rate regimes on international tourism Flows’. Tourism Management 45, 226-233.
- Mozumder, N., De Vita, G., Kyaw, K.S., and Larkin, C. (2015) ‘Volatility spillover between stock prices and exchange rates: New evidence across the recent financial crisis period’. Economic Issues 22 (1), 43-64. Available from http://www.economicissues.org.uk/Files/2015/115Mozumder.pdf
- De Vita, G., and Kyaw, K.S. (2013) ‘Role of the exchange rate on tourism demand’. Annals of Tourism Research 43, 624-627.
- De Vita, G., and Abbott, A. (2012) ‘Pairwise Convergence of district-level house prices in London’. Urban Studies 49 (4), 721-740.
- Abbott, A., De Vita, G., and Altinay, L. (2012) ‘Revisiting the convergence hypothesis for tourism markets: Evidence from Turkey using the pairwise approach’. Tourism Management 33 (3), 537-544.
- De Vita, G., Tekaya, A., and Wang, C.L. (2011) ‘The many faces of asset specificity: A critical review of key theoretical perspectives’. International Journal of Management Reviews 13 (4), 329-348.
- De Vita, G., Tekaya, A., and Wang, C.L. (2010) ‘Asset specificity’s impact on outsourcing performance: A disaggregated analysis by buyer-supplier asset specificity dimensions’. Journal of Business Research 63 (7), 657-666.