Dr. Mohammad Ali
Mohammad M. Ali works as the Deputy Head of Strategy and Applied Management at Coventry Business School. Before his life as an academic, Mohammad worked first as a Consultant Engineer for a year and then as a Supply Chain Manager in the automotive industry for five years. During his tenure in the industry Mohammad has worked on various projects including value analysis, demand planning, inventory control and ERP/MRP implementations. Mohammad holds a doctorate from Brunel University. His thesis discussed various new collaborative forecasting approaches in Supply Chains. Earlier, he did his MSc in Business Performance Management and a postgraduate diploma in Information Technology. Mohammad’s first degree was in Mechanical Engineering.
Mohammad is active in research and his interests include quantitative analysis of forecast information sharing in supply chains, performance measurement of forecasting methods and development of supply chain forecasting strategies. His work has been published in journals such as Omega, Journal of Operations Research Society and International Journal of Production Economics. He continues to work with businesses in a variety of ways, including research projects, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, and training.
- Ali, M.M., Boylan, J.E., and Syntetos, A.A. (2012) 'Forecast errors and inventory performance under forecast information sharing'. International Journal of Forecasting 28 (4), 830-841.
- Ali, M.M., and Boylan, J.E. (2011) 'Feasibility principles for Downstream Demand Inference in supply chains'. Journal of the Operational Research Society 62, 474-482.
- Ali, M.M., and Boylan J.E. (2012) 'Effect of Non-Optimal Forecasting Methods on Supply Chain Downstream demand inference'. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics 23 (1), 81-98.
- Babai, M.Z., Ali, M.M., Boylan, J.E., and Syntetos, A.A. (2013) 'Forecasting and inventory performance in a two-stage supply chain with ARIMA(0,1,1) demand: Theory and empirical analysis'. International Journal of Production Economics 143 (2), 463-471.
- Babai, M.Z., Ali, M.M., and Nikolopoulos, K. (2012) 'Impact of temporal aggregation on stock control performance of intermittent demand estimators: Empirical analysis'. Omega 40 (6), 713-721.
- Ali, M.M. and Boylan, J.E (2010) The Value of Forecast Information Sharing in the Supply Chain, Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, 18, 14-18.
- Ali, M.M. (2011) Centralised Demand Information Sharing in Supply Chains: A Consumer Centric Approach. VDM Verlag.
- Ali, M.M. (2010) To prepare demand forecasts, should we listen to our customers.
- Ali, M., and Hill, J. (2007) 'Profitable Experiences from a Business Simulation Game'.Proceedings of the European Conference on Game Based Learning, 'European Conference on Game Based Learning'. Held 26-27 Oct 2007 in Paisley, UK.
- Forecasting and Inventory Management: Bridging the Gap: External Member of the project: Forecasting and Inventory Management: Bridging the Gap. The project was funded by Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).