Dr. Konstantinos N. Gyftakis
Konstantinos N. Gyftakis was born in Patras, Greece, in May 1984. He received the Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Patras, Patras, Greece in 2010. He pursued a PhD in the same institution in the area of electrical machines condition monitoring and fault diagnosis (2010-2014). Then he worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Assistant in the Dept. of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK (2015). He is currently a Lecturer, School of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing and an Associate with the Research Centre for Mobility and Transport, Coventry University, UK. His research activities are in fault diagnosis, condition monitoring and degradation of electrical machines. He has authored/co-authored more than 40 papers in international scientific journals and conferences. Moreover, he is regular reviewer of papers for IEEE conferences and prestigious IEEE and IET journals. Finally, Dr Gyftakis has been invited as an academic visitor by foreign institutions like Korea University, Seoul, South Korea, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain and University of Beira Interior, Portugal.
- Gyftakis, K.N. (2016) ‘The Novel SLIM Method for the Determination of the Iron Core Saturation Level in 3-Phase Induction Motors’. IEEE Energy Conversion Congress Expo 2016. Held 18-22 September 2015 in Milwaukee, WI. [accepted]
- Sumislawska, M., Gyftakis, K.N., Kavanagh, D.F., McCulloch, M., Burnham, K.J., and Howey, D.A. (2016) ‘The Impact of Thermal Degradation on Properties of Electrical Machine Winding Insulation Material’. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications [in press]
- Gyftakis, K.N., Antonino-Daviu, J.A., Garcia-Hernandez, R., McCulloch, M., Howey, D.A., and Cardoso, A.J.M. (2016) ‘Comparative Experimental Investigation of the Broken Bar Fault Detectability in Induction Motors’. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 52 (2), 1452-1459.
- Gyftakis, K.N., Sumislawska, M., Kavanagh, D.F., Howey, D.A., and McCulloch, M. (2016) ‘Dielectric Characteristics of Electric Vehicle Traction Motor Winding Insulation under Thermal Ageing’. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 52 (2), 1398-1404.
- Antonino-Daviu, J.A., Gyftakis, K.N., Garcia-Hernandez, R., Razik, H., and Cardoso, A.J.M. (2015) ‘Comparative Influence of Adjacent and Non-adjacent Broken Rotor Bars on the Induction Motor Diagnosis through MCSA and ZSC Methods’. IEEE IECON 2015. Held 9-12 November 2015 in Yokohama, Japan.
- Kim, J., Shun, S., Lee, S.B., Gyftakis, K.N., Drif, M., and Cardoso, A.M. (2015) ‘Power Spectrum-based Detection of Induction Motor Rotor Faults for Immunity to False Alarms’. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 30 (3), 1123-1132.
- Gyftakis, K.N., Drif, M., and Cardoso, A.J.M. (2015) ‘Thorough Investigation of the Third Current Harmonic in Delta-Connected Induction Motors Suffering from a Stator Inter-Turn Fault’. Diagnostics for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives (SDEMPED). Held 1-4 September 2015 in Guarda, Portugal.
- Gyftakis, K.N., and Kappatou, J. (2014) ‘The Zero-Sequence Current as a Generalized Diagnostic Mean in Δ-Connected Induction Motors’. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 29 (1), 138-148.
- Gyftakis, K.N., and Kappatou, J. (2013) ‘A Novel and Effective Method of Static Eccentricity Diagnosis in 3-Phase, PSH-Induction Motors’. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 28 (2), 405-412.
- Gyftakis, K.N., Spyropoulos, D.V., Kappatou, J., and Mitronikas, E.D. (2013) ‘A Novel Approach for Broken Bar Fault Diagnosis in Induction Motors through Torque Monitoring’. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 28 (2), 267-277.