Dr. Jeremy Bryans
Since September 2015, Jeremy Bryans has been a Research Fellow in Cyber-security for the Centre for Mobility and Transport at Coventry University. Prior to that he worked at Newcastle University, where he was involved in large EU research projects on model-based techniques. One looked at developing and maintaining Systems of Systems (SoS) and one was designed to support small and medium-sized businesses that engineer or operate dependable cyber-physical systems. He specialises in formal methods, and designed and led an internally funded project on the sustainability of smart grid communications infrastructure. Prior to that he designed and led a EPSRC/DSTL-funded project on the secure transmission of provenance metadata in dynamic coalitions. He is a member of the BCS (MBCS), INCOSE (The International Council on Systems Engineering) and a guest member of Newcastle University.
He has been on the program committee of several conferences, and has over 50 publications.
- Danger, R., Curcin, V., Missier, P., and Bryans, J. (2015) ‘Access control and view generation for provenance graphs’ Future Generation Computer Systems 49, 8–27.
- Fitzgerald, J., Bryans, J., Larsen, P.G., and Salim, H. (2014) ‘Collaborative systems of systems need collaborative design’. In Camarinha-Matos, L.M., and Afsarmanesh, H. (ed.) Collaborative Systems for Smart Networked Environments, ‘15th IFIP WG 5.5 Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises, PRO-VE 2014’. Held 6-8 October 2014 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 16-23.
- Holt, J., Perry, S., Bryans, J., Payne, R., Hallerstede, S., and Hansen, F. (2014) ‘A model-based approach for requirements engineering for system of systems’. IEEE Systems Journal 9 (1), 252-262.
- Bryans, J., Fitzgerald, J., Payne, R., Miyazawa, A., and Kristensen, K. (2014) ‘SysML contracts for systems of systems’. In Cook, S., Ireland, V., Gorod, A., Ferris, T., and Do, Q. (eds.) Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, ‘SoSE 2014’. Held 9-13 June 2014 in Glenelg, Australia. IEEE, 73-78.
- Bryans, J., Fitzgerald, J., Payne, R., and Kristensen, K. (2014) ‘Maintaining emergence in systems of systems integration: a contractual approach using SysML’. In The INCOSE International Symposium 24 (1), ‘INCOSE International Symposium 2014’. Held 30 June – 3 July 2014 in Las Vegas, USA. International Council on Systems Engineering, 166-181.
- Missier, P., Bryans, J., Gamble, C., Curcin, V., and Danger, R. (2014) ‘ProvAbs: model, policy, and tooling for abstracting PROV graphs’. In Ludäscher, B., and Plale, B. (eds.) Provenance and Annotation of Data and Processes, ‘5th International Provenance and Annotation Workshop, IPAW 2014’. Held 9-13 June 2014 in Cologne, Germany. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 3-15.
- Iliasov, A., and Bryans, J. (2014) ‘A proof-based method for modelling timed systems’. In Voronkov, A., and Virbitskaite, I. (eds.) Perspectives of System Informatics, ‘9th International Ershov Informatics Conference, PSI 2014’. Held 24-27 June 2014 in St. Petersburg, Russia. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 161-176.
- Antonino, P.R.G., Oliveira, M.M., Sampaio, A.C.A., Kristensen, K.E., and Bryans, J.W. (2014) ‘Leadership Election: An Industrial SoS Application of Compositional Deadlock Verification’. In Badger, J.M., and Rozier, K.Y. (eds.) NASA Formal Methods, ‘6th International Symposium, NFM 2014’. Held 29 April – 1 May 2014 in Houston, TX, USA. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, 31-45.
- Bryans, J., Payne, R., Holt, J., and Perry, S. (2013) ‘Semi-formal and formal interface specification for system of systems architecture’. In Proceedings of 2013 IEEE International Systems Conference, SysCon 2013. Held 15-18 April 2013 in Orlando, FL, USA. IEEE, 612–619.
- Payne, R., Bryans, J., Fitzgerald, J.S., and Riddle, S. (2012) ‘Interface specification for system-of-systems architectures’. In Proceedings of 7th International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, ‘SoSe 2012’. Held 16-19 July 2012 in Genoa, Italy. IEEE, 567-572.