Dr. Frens Kroeger
Dr Frens Kroeger is a Research Fellow (permanent; ≈ U.S. Associate Research Professor) at the Centre for Trust, Peace and Social Relations at Coventry University. Before joining the Centre, he held tenured lectureships in Surrey and Leicester. Frens holds two undergraduate and two Master's-level degrees, and a PhD from Cambridge University. He is an alumnus of Corpus Christi College Cambridge. Frens has taught at sociology departments and business schools in the UK, Germany and Switzerland, and will spend part of 2017 as a visiting professor at the University of Hiroshima, Japan. He has presented extensively at peer-reviewed international conferences, and his work has been published in some of the leading journals and handbooks in his field. As part of his new research programme, Frens has also become actively involved in business and policy consulting on issues of trust and distrust.
- Kroeger, F. (2016). Facework: creating trust in systems, institutions and organisations. Published online first in Cambridge Journal of Economics. doi: 10.1093/cje/bew038
- Bachmann, R. & Kroeger, F. (2016). Trust, power or money: What governs business relationships? Published online first in International Sociology. doi: 10.1177/0268580916673747
- Kroeger, F. (2015b). The development, escalation and collapse of system trust: From the financial crisis to society at large. European Management Journal 33: 431-7.
- Kroeger, F. (2015a). The 7/7 Bombings: An Attack on Trust. In: S. Hussain, M. Hardy & F. Mughal (eds.). The 7th July London Bombings: A Decade of Reflection. London: Faith Matters. 23-7.
- Kroeger, F. (2013). How is trust institutionalised? Understanding collective and long-term trust orientations. In: Bachmann, R. & Zaheer, A. (eds.). Handbook of Advances in Trust Research. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 261-84.
- Kroeger, F. & Bachmann, R. (2013). Trusting Across Boundaries. In Langan-Fox, J. & Cooper, C.L. (eds.). Boundary-Spanning in Organizations: Network, Influence, and Conflict. New York & London: Routledge. 253-84.
- Kroeger, F. (2012). Trusting Organizations: The Institutionalization of Trust in Interorganizational Relationships. Organization 19: 743-63.