Dr. Bastien Dieppois
Born in Normandy (France) where he was training to hydrology and climate sciences in the UMR CNRS Coastal and Continental Morphodynamics (M2C) at the University of Rouen, he completed his PhD in May 2013. His PhD research was focused on the nonstationnary behavior of the climate system and its impact on the regional hydrosystems over the mid-latitudes (England, northern France), and more particularly over the West African Sahel regions. Since completing his PhD, he was first invited in the Marine Research institute at the University of Cape Town, where he evaluated the ability of global climate models from the IPCC AR-5 to reproduce realistic South African rainfall fluctuations during El Niño events. He then started a post-doc at the African Climate Development Initiative on the uncertainties in global climate model related to decadal variability in African climate. During the 2013-14 school year, Then, he also expanded his teaching experience through an assistant lecturer post in the Department of Geosciences and Environmental sciences from University of Rouen.
- DIEPPOIS B., ROUAULT M., NEW M. (2015) The impact of El Niño on Southern African rainfall in CMIP5 Ocean Atmosphere coupled climate models. Climate Dynamics, Published online. DOI: 10.1007/s00382-015-2480-x. (IFO=4.602).
- DIEPPOIS B., DURAND A., FOURNIER M., DIEDHIOU A., FONTAINE B., MASSEI N., NOUACEUR Z., SEBAG D. (2014) Low frequency variability and Zonal contrast in Sahel rainfall variability and Atlantic sea-surface temperature teleconnections during the last century, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, Publihed online. DOI: 10.1007/s00704-014-1229-5. (IFO=1.76).
- DIEPPOIS B., DIEDHIOU A., DURAND A., FOURNIER M., MASSEI N., SEBAG D., FONTAINE B., XUE Y. (2013) Quasi-decadal signals of Sahel rainfall and West African monsoon since the mid-twentieth century. Journal of geophysical Research: Atmosphere, 118, 12587-12599. (IFO=3.021).
- DIEPPOIS B., DURAND A., FOURNIER M., MASSEI N. (2013) Links between multidecadal and interdecadal climatic oscillations in the North Atlantic and regional climate variability of northern France and England since the 17th century. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmosphere, 118, 4359-4372. (IFO=3.021).
- FRITIER N., MASSEI N., LAIGNEL B., DURAND A., DIEPPOIS B., DELOFFRE J. (2012) Links between NAO fluctuations and interannual variability of precipitation in the Seine river watershed. Compte Rendu Géoscience, 344, 396-405. (IFO=1.718).