Dr. Christian von Ferber
Christian von Ferber's interests range from the sub-atomic scale of nuclear fission via the scale of nano-particles and the structure formation in self-assembling materials, to macromolecular networks and beyond to large scale urban transit networks. The methods applied are those of Statistical Physics, Field Theory, Graph Theory and Computer Simulations. Christian has performed studies and worked at Universities in Bonn, Essen, Tel Aviv, Dusseldorf, Freiburg, Krakow. He has worked at the Applied Mathematics Research Centre of Coventry University since 2006.
- Blavatska, V., von Ferber, V., and Holovatch, Yu. (2012) 'Disorder effects on the static scattering function of star branched polymers'. Condensed Matter Physics 15 (3), 33603.
- Berche, B., von Ferber, C., Holovatch, T., and Holovatch, Yu. (2012) 'Transportation network Stability: a Case Study of City Transit'. Advances in Complex Systems 15, 1250063.
- Von Ferber, T., Berche, B., Holovatch, T., and Holovatch, Yu. (2012) 'A tale of two cities: Vulnerabilities of the London and Paris transit networks'. Journal of Transportation Security 5 (3), 199-216.
- Von Ferber, C., Folk, R., Holovatch, Yu., Kenna, R., and Palchykov, V. (2011) 'Entropic equation of state and scaling functions near the critical point in uncorrelated scale free networks'. Physical Review E: Statistical, Non-linear and Soft Matter Physics 83, 061114.
- Von Ferber, C., Foster, D., Hsu, H.P., and Kenna, R. (2011) 'Scaling behaviour of lattice animals at the uppercritical dimension'. European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems e2011, 20533-y.
- Von Ferber, C., Monteith, J.Y., and Bishop, M. (2009) 'Shapes of Two-Dimensional Excluded Volume Continuum Star Polymers'. Macromolecules 42, 3627-3631.
- Von Ferber, C., Holovatch, T., Holovatch, Yu., and Palchykov, V. (2009) 'Public transport networks: empirical analysis and modeling'. European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems 68 (24), 261-275