Professor Timothy Mason
My research vision
Sonochemistry is defined as the uses of power ultrasound in many different applications of science and technology including electrochemistry, environmental protection, materials science, food processing and therapy. Over the last few years industry has become increasingly drawn to sonochemistry because it provides a green and clean alternative to conventional technologies in all of these areas.
Sonochemistry, by virtue of its breadth, facilities cross disciplinary research. Up to now it has provided excellent broad-based graduate training. For the future, due to industry demands this will increase and Coventry University has the ideal background for such expansion.
Professor of Chemistry and Director of the Sonochemistry Centre
Building: James Starley
- Saez, V., and Mason, T.J. (2009) 'Sonoelectrochemical Synthesis of Nanoparticles'. Molecules14, 4284-4299.
- Abyaneh, M.Y., Saez, V., González-García, J., and Mason, T.J. (2010) 'Electrocrystallisation of lead dioxide: Analysis of the early stages of growth'. Electrochimica Acta 55, 3572-3579.
- Xiaoge, W., Joyce, E.M., and Mason, T.J. (2012) 'Evaluation of the mechanisms of the effect of ultrasound on Microcystis aeruginosa at different ultrasonic frequencies'. Water Research 46, 2851-2858.
- Abramov, V.O., Mullakaev, M.S., Abramova, A.V., Esipov, I.B., Saltikov, Y.A., and Mason, T.J. (2013) 'Ultrasonic technology for enhanced oil recovery from failing oil wells and the equipment for its implementation'. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 20 (5), 1289-1295.
- Leonelli, C., and Mason, T.J. (2010) 'Microwave and Ultrasonic processing: now a realistic option for industry'. Chemical Engineering and Processing, 885-900.
- Pavlov, A.M., Saez, V., Cobley, A., Graves, J., Sukhorukov, J.B., and Mason, T.J. (2011) 'Controlled protein release from microcapsules with composite shells using high frequency ultrasound-potential for in vivo medical use'. Soft Matter 7 (9), 4341-4347.
- Chemat, F., Périno-Issartier, S., Loucif, L., Elmaataoui, M., and Mason, T.J. (2012) 'Enrichment of edible-oil with sea buckthorn by-products using ultrasound-assisted extraction'. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 114 (4), 453-460.
- Jambrak, A.R., Mason, T.J., Lelas, V., Paniwnyk, L., and Herceg, Z. (2014) 'Effect of ultrasound treatment on particle size and molecular weight of whey proteins'. Journal of Food Engineering21, 15-23.