Dr. Kamil Omoteso
Dr Kamil Omoteso began his academic career in 2001 at Lagos State University, Nigeria, after five years working in an accounting practice. He received his PhD in Accounting Information Systems from De Montfort University, UK, where he held different academic positions including a Principal Lecturer & the Director of Postgraduate Programmes in Accounting between 2011 and 2013. During this period, Kamil sat on the university’s Research Degree Committee and Research Training Committee. He also taught different Accounting modules including Auditing and Financial Reporting and as a testimony to the quality of his teaching, he was shortlisted for the university’s Vice Chancellor Distinguished Teaching Award in 2011. Kamil is currently the Deputy Head of Economics, Finance and Accounting at Coventry University. He is an External Examiner at two other UK universities. Dr Omoteso’s research interests cover Accounting and Auditing; Accountability Governance and Ethics; IT and Project Management, and he currently supervises doctoral students within these research areas. Dr Omoteso is widely published. He serves as an Editorial Board member and a Reviewer for a number of journals. He is a member of Crescent University’s Governing Council and the Chair of Centre for African Resources Research and Development.
- Omoteso, K. (2013) Audit Effectiveness: Meeting the IT Challenge. Hampshire: Gower.
- Lopez Gavira, R., and Omoteso, K. (2013) 'Perceptions of the Usefulness of Virtual Learning Environments in Accounting Education: A Comparative Evaluation of Undergraduate Accounting Students in Spain and England'. Accounting Education: An International Journal22 (5), 445-446.
- Ojikutu, R.K., Obalola, M.A., and Omoteso, K. (2013) 'Assessing the Relationship between Sales Quotas and Moral Judgement of Insurance Salespersons: The Moderating Effects of Personal Moral Values, Quota Failure Consequences, and Corporate Ethical Climate'. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences 4 (2), 274-288.
- Dogbegah, R., Omoteso, K., and Owusu-Manu, D. (2013) 'A Qual-Quant (q2) Method for Exploring and Appraising Project Management Competency Requirements for Managing Large Projects in Ghana'. International Journal of Construction Project Management 5 (2), 135-158.
- Omoteso, K. (2012) 'The Application of Artificial Intelligence in Auditing: Looking back to the Future'. Expert Systems with Applications 39 (9), 8490-8495.
- Omoteso, K. (2011) 'Multinational Corporations Governments and Corporate Governance: Charting a New Course'. In Governance in the Business Environment. Ed. by Aras, G., and Crowther, D. Bingley: Emerald.
- Omoteso, K., Patel, A., and Scott, P. (2010) 'Information and Communications Technology and Auditing: Current Implications and Future Directions'. International Journal of Auditing 14 (2), 147-162.
- Mobolaji, H.I., and Omoteso, K. (2009) 'Corruption and Economic Growth in Some Selected Transitional Economies'. Social Responsibility Journal 5 (1), 70-82.
- Omoteso, K., Patel, A., and Scott, P. (2008) 'An Investigation into the Application of Continuous Online Auditing in the United Kingdom'. The International Journal of Digital Accounting Research 8 (14), 23-44.
- Omoteso, K., Patel, A., and Scott, P. (2007) 'Information and Communications Technology and Organisations: A Meta-Level Perspective'. The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society 3 (3), 19-27.
- Investigating how diverse firms engage and compete in ICT-related entrepreneurial activities during times of disruptive change: Awarded £25, 000 to research into diverse entrepreneurial businesses in relation to their ICT adoption, change and management within Leicestershire.