Dr. Caroline Lambert
MY RESEARCH VISION
I joined Coventry University when it was a predominantly teaching university. This meant that for the early stage of my career as a Lecturer and subsequently Senior Lecturer, my subject-related research took a back seat. I have been able to conduct research into Engineering Education and still see that as very important in my role. The latest funding I have obtained for a PhD student in Flight Dynamics gives me a brilliant opportunity to develop my subject area expertise again and really contribute to the technological advances in Aerospace.
Caroline received her M.Eng (Hons), Aeronautical systems design and manufacture from the University of Bath in 1999 and continued there, completing a Ph.D. in ‘Fin buffeting over delta wings and the effect of a trailing-edge jet’ in 2003. Caroline joined Coventry University as a Lecturer in 2004 (made Senior Lecturer in 2006), having worked for BAE SYSTEMS as a Computational Aerodynamicist from 2002-2004. At Coventry she predominantly teaches Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics and Experimental Methods. She has held various Academic Leadership and Management positions e.g., Course Director, Associate Head of Department and she is also trained as an Independent Chair for the research degree awards process. She has been Director of Studies for a successful PhD in 2010 and has also taken the Subject Expert and Internal Examiner roles for other MSc by Research/PhD candidates. Caroline is currently External Examiner at University of Hertfordshire. She is an Associate Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Lambert, C., and Harrison, A. (2012) 'Activity-Led Learning Development in Aerospace at Coventry University'.Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovation, practice and research in engineering education, 'EE2012'. Held September 2012 in Coventry, UK.
- Lambert, C., Basini, M., and Hargrave, S. (2008) 'Activity-Led Learning within Aerospace at Coventry University'.Proceedings of the International Conference on Innovation, good practice and research in engineering education, 'EE2008'. Held 14-16 Jul 2008 in Loughborough, UK.
- Phillips, S., Lambert, C., and Gursul, I. (2004) 'Effect of a Trailing Edge Jet on Fin Buffeting'. Journal of Aircraft 40 (3), 590-599.
- Lambert, C., and Gursul, I. (2003) 'Fin Buffeting over Various Delta Wings'. Proceedings of the 21st AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, '21st AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference'. Held 23-26 Jun 2003 in Florida, USA.
- Lambert, C., and Gursul, I. (2003) 'Characteristics of Fin Buffering over Delta Wings'. Journal of Fluids and Structures 40 (3), 590-599.
- Phillips, S., and Lambert, C. (2002) 'Effect of a Trailing Edge Jet on Fin Buffeting'. Proceedings of the 1st Flow Control Conference, '1st Flow Control Conference'. Held 24-27 Jun 2002 in Missouri, USA.
- Lambert, C., and Gursul, I. (2001) 'Buffeting of a Flexible Fin over a Delta Wing'. Proceedings of the 19th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, '19th AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference'. Held 11-14 Jun 2001 in California, USA.