My Research Vision
"My research interests include general AI and pattern recognition, Neural Networks, Computer vision and Ensemble methods."
Mark Eastwood recieved his degree and masters in Natural Science (Maths/Physics) from Cambridge University in 2004, and recieved a PhD from bournemouth University in 2010 with topic focussed on Ensemble methods for pattern Classification.
- Eastwood, M., and Gabrys, B. (2012) 'Generalised bottom-up pruning: A model level combination of decision trees'. Expert Systems with Applications 39 (10), 9150-9158.
- Eastwood, M., and Gabrys, B. (2011) 'Model level combination of tree ensemble hyperboxes via GFMM'. Proceedings of the 2011 Eighth International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, volume 1, 'FSKD 2011. Held 26-28 Jul 2011 in Shanghai. 443-447
- Eastwood, M., and Kadlec, P. (2011) 'Interpretable, Online Soft-Sensors for Process Control'.Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE 11th International Conference on Data Mining Workshops, 'ICDMW'. Held 11 Dec 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. 581-587
- Eastwood, M., and Gabrys, B. (2009) 'A Non-sequential Representation of Sequential Data for Churn Prediction'. Proceedings of KES 2009, part 1, 'KES 2009'. Held 28-30 Sep 2009 in Santiago, Chile. 209-218
- Eastwood, M., and Gabrys, B. (2008) 'Building Combined Classifiers'. Proceedings of the Knowledge Processing and Reasoning for Information Society Conference, 'Knowledge Processing and Reasoning for Information Society'. Held 2008 in Warsaw, Poland 139-163
- Eastwood, M., and Gabrys, B. (2007) 'The Dynamics of Negative Correlation Learning'. Journal of VLSI Signal Processing Systems for Signal, Image, & Video Technology 49 (2), 251-263.
- Infer: Project involves development of a platform for building adaptive predictive models.