Katie qualified as a Primary School teacher from King Alfred's College, Winchester in 2003. Since then she has worked in junior and primary schools in Hampshire and taken on roles such as English Subject Leader, Year Six Leader, Key Stage Two Leader and Assistant Head. Katie has a MaEd in Learning and Teaching and is a Fellow of the Chartered College of Teaching.
Katie has always had a passion for developing new teachers. Alongside her roles as an NQT and trainee teacher mentor, she has worked in ITT since 2015 lecturing on English, Art and the new Core Content Framework. Katie has also written a book for mentors on the Core Content Framework and has written articles and book chapters for the Chartered College of Teaching.
- Principles and techniques that underpin art teaching
- What support and development will mentors need to deliver the Early Career Framework optimally?
- Using multimodality to support cognitive loading in Maths: A Case Study
- Jump, K. (2020). Grow Helping Others To Flourish- A Primary Mentor's Guide to the Early Career Framework.
- Chartered College of Teaching. (2022). The Early Career Framework Handbook (2nd Edition). Corwin