Suzanne joined Coventry University in 2021 as a lecturer in Tourism Management and developed a top-up course on Health Tourism. Before that, she was a lecturer in Tourism Management for HZ University in the Netherlands for two years, where she focused on Health Tourism, followed by a role as Lecturer Health & Wellbeing at HAS University in the Netherlands.
She has travelled and worked in different countries around the world from the beginning of her career, starting as a flight attendant with British Airways, working in cabin crew training and managing projects in airline catering. After managing a hotel in Malawi for several years, she decided to continue as an educator and achieved the Dutch equivalent of PG Cert in 2021.
As an active participant in a variety of outdoor sports and working as a yoga teacher, she developed a specific interest in adventure tourism and health benefits of tourism, which motivated her to pursue an MSc in Health and Wellbeing.
- MSc Health and Wellbeing, Leeds Trinity University, 2020
- BA International Business Management, Nijenrode University, Netherlands, 1994
Professional and Industry Memberships
- Institute of Hospitality
- Introduction to Tourism (Level 4)
- Professional and Academic Skills (Level 4)
- Contemporary issues in Tourism (Level 5)
- Tourism Destination Management (Level 6)
- Dissertation and Internship Projects Supervision (Level 6)
- Tourism Destination Management (Level 7)
- Postgraduate Professional Practice (Level 7)
- Dissertation and Internship Projects Supervision (Level 7)