Lecturer in Marketing
School of Marketing and Management
Coventry Business School
Faculty of Business and Law
Telephone: +44 (0) 24 7688 7479
I am a Lecturer in Marketing and Advertising at Coventry Business School. I am a postgraduate level strategic marketing professional with extensive practical experience having worked in various marketing roles in industry for 14 years.
I lead on an international collaboration project, X-Culture where students work in global virtual teams. I have also led on a knowledge transfer scheme with an SME, mentoring an affiliate working in a marketing role. I am a recruitment tutor, third year tutor and also supervise UG and PG dissertation projects.
- M.A., Advertising and Marketing, Coventry University
- PGCHE, Higher Education, Coventry University
- B.A (Hons), Marketing and Law, De Montfort University, Leicester
My research interests lies in customer experience, customer loyalty and Omni-channel retailing. There is a growing priority to improve customer experience in both academic literature and by retail managers, as the emphasis on experience is more prominent and is gradually replacing service quality. Retailers recognise the importance of understanding customer’s experience, as this can enhance satisfaction and retail performance. My current research is exploring an Omni-channel approach to retailing from a customer experience perspective.
Recent outputs and publications
- Hickman, E. (2015) ‘Holistic hybrid (Omni-channel) approach to retailing and customer experience: A review, conceptual framework and future research directions’. QUIS 14. Held 18-21 June 2015 in Shanghai, China.
- Hickman, E., and Blackstock, K. (2015) ‘Knowledge Transfer Partnerships: Benefits of Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Network (KEEN) projects’. BES internal conference. Held July 2015 in Coventry, UK.
- Hickman, E. (2014) ‘The conceptualisation of building and enhancing customer experience using an Omnichannel approach’. Academy of Marketing Conference. Held 7-10 July 2014 in Bournemouth, UK.