I am a full-time lecturer with International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship at Coventry University. Having being in engaged in academia for a number of years, I have gained a broad range of teaching experiences ranging from entrepreneurship in diverse sectors (including services, agriculture, travel and tourism to marketing, international business and sustainability.) My current modules include teaching Marketing, Entrepreneurship Theory, Research Methods, Female Entrepreneurship and Business Optimisation as well as Advantage modules – Social Media Marketing and Business start-up. Further duties include dissertation supervisor, and Ethics Lead.
Prior experiences include Module Leader and Lecturer with the School of Business and Entrepreneurship at the Royal Agricultural University teaching a range of courses (undergraduate and postgraduate) and actively being involved with the university’s Distance Learning MBA program. Prior experiences consist of curriculum and programme development for European colleges.
Current professional activity
- Lecturer in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship (Coventry University)
- Department Ethics Lead (Coventry University)
- PhD Supervisor (University of Cardiff – LSC)
- PhD Supervisor (University of Wales – TSD)
- Economic and Social Research Council, 2004
- PhD Economic Geography, University of Birmingham, 2010
- MSc Research in Human Geography, University of Birmingham, 2004
- Cert Ed, Birmingham City University, 2000
- Business Enterprise BA (Hons), Wolverhampton University, 1997
- Transformational entrepreneurship.
- Economic growth through entrepreneurship
- Belief system businesses.
Recent outputs and publications
Reports and conferences
- Dewitt, S. (2004) ‘Economic Geographies of South Asian entrepreneurship’. Windsor First year Ph.D. Conference. Held 2004 in Windsor, UK.
- 2005 Presented at seminar on Birmingham’s Service Sector entrepreneurs at University of Birmingham
- 2006 Conducted workshops on Business support at the Chamber of Commerce (Womens Association)
- Dewitt, S. (2008) ‘South Asian entrepreneurship in Birmingham’s service sector’. Annual Geographical Conference. Held 2008 in Boston.
- 2009 - Presented findings of longitudinal study on South Asian service sector entrepreneurship at Birmingham University seminar.