Application Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Application for Student Accommodation 2019-20
1. We guarantee accommodation to first year applicants who submitted their UCAS application before 15th January 2019, AND make Coventry University their Firm choice on UCAS, AND submit their accommodation application before 16th June 2019. The allocated room/property is the best available on the day of allocation subject to availability on a first-come-first-served-basis. Allocations to rooms and properties will only be made once your academic place has been confirmed, which is normally when all the conditions of your course offer have been met.
2. Once the accommodation has been offered We are unable to change or alter the received application for accommodation.
3. Licence to Occupy Contracts of accommodation will be sent by e-mail and will expire if not responded to by the deadline detailed in the offer email. Please check your email account regularly, particularly if You are on holiday around the time your results are being issued.
4. When accepting your offer of accommodation You will be required to pay a security deposit and commit to choosing a payment method for your accommodation fees.
5. If due to a disability We provide accommodation for your personal carer You will be responsible for ensuring payment of the additional accommodation charges for this room. Your contractual obligations extend to your carer who must behave in a manner consistent with the Licence to Occupy terms and conditions.
6. Students are allocated into properties and areas where other year students may be living and therefore You should be aware that You may be living in an area with students attending different years of study.
7. If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds, We will ask You to provide medical evidence to support your application for this type of accommodation. Failure to provide this medical evidence within the stated time frame will result in your application being processed as normal, and We cannot guarantee that the requested type of accommodation will be available.
8. We comply with all legislation relating with equality and diversity.
9.1 For the purposes of the Legislation (as defined below) Coventry University of Priory Street, Coventry, United Kingdom, CV1 5FB is the data controller. FutureLets is a subsidiary of the Coventry University Group and will process personal data on behalf of the Coventry University Group in order to provide accommodation to Coventry University Group students in University owned and managed halls of residence, and in variety of partner properties with approved partner providers such as Unite Students, Host Students and Study Inn. If you have any queries in relation to the manner in which your personal data is being processed or the University’s and FutureLets compliance with the Legislation then you should contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.2 In compliance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any subsequent superseding legislation (together “the Legislation”) your personal data including your name, your address, your date of birth, your email address, your nationality, your course, your Student ID number and your gender will be processed by Coventry University Group and FutureLets for the purposes set out in this agreement.
9.3 The legal basis under which your personal data will be processed is for the purpose of administrating, managing and maintaining your application for accommodation and as necessary for the performance of the contract under which the Coventry University Group and FutureLets provides the accommodation services to you. On occasion your personal data may be processed under a legal obligation, where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, in the exercise of official authority or where it is necessary for a legitimate interest such as the provision of the accommodation services. Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary to do so for the specific purposes set out above or as otherwise notified to you.
9.4 Your personal data will be held securely by the Coventry University Group and FutureLets at UK based servers and will not be transferred outside of the EEA or to people or organisations situated in countries without adequate protection.
9.5 Coventry University Group have entered into an accommodation agreement with their accommodation partner providers, Unite Students, Host Students and Study Inn. If you have selected accommodation with one of our Partner Providers, in order to process your accommodation application FutureLets will be required to share your personal data in order for the Partner Provider to process your accommodation offer.
Your personal data will also be shared with:
a. Inventory Hive to help with your inventory management;
b. CampusLife to provide you with pre arrival information and information on the halls you select; and
c. Cover4students to arrange your complimentary contents insurance.
Additionally, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties where the Coventry University Group and FutureLets is obliged to do so such as in relation to council tax, electoral registration, and visa and immigration purposes.
9.6 The Legislation gives you the right to:
- Request access to and be provided with a copy of your personal data held by the Coventry University Group and FutureLets.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data where you believe it to be inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary or where you do not feel that our legitimate interests outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of your particular situation provided that the University or FutureLets does not have compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Seek the rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction of inaccurate personal data relating to you.
- Apply for erasure of your personal data from the Coventry University Group’s and FutureLets electronic and manual systems provided that the Coventry University Group and FutureLets does not have to retain the data for legal reasons.
- Receive the personal data which we hold about you in such a way that it can easily be transmitted to another controller as part of your right of data portability.
If you wish to make an access enquiry of the Coventry University Group or FutureLets or you have complaint concerning data protection issues then please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
9.7 If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds please note that You will also be requested to sign a specific Data Protection declaration, to enable us to process this information for the purposes of the provision of your accommodation we will also seek you consent to share this information with the Coventry University Welfare department. If You do not sign the Data Protection declaration, consenting to our processing information in relation to your application we will be unable to take into account your medical or disability grounds in considering your application. We will however still consider your application without that information. If you do not consent to FutureLets passing your information to the University Welfare Department we will not do so and will delete any medical evidence sent to us following completion of the application process.
9.8 Coventry University Group and FutureLets will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary and in accordance with Coventry University’s records retention policy. Further information can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.9 Should you wish to make a complaint about the way in which Coventry University Group or FutureLets processes your personal data you should contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance. You also have the right to submit a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office further details of which can be found at their website www.ico.org.uk.
10. These T&CS and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
10.1 By submitting this application you hereby agree to the above Terms and Conditions.
Our Commitment To You
Coventry has a wide variety of student accommodation options within the City, with a number of University Owned and Managed accommodation, along with privately rented houses and flats.
If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student:
- We will endeavour to offer University-owned, managed or partnership accommodation provided you have completed and submitted an online application (subject to availability).
- We will offer University-owned or managed accommodation to all full-time students (for all years) who demonstrate compassionate circumstances, providing the above conditions are satisfied.
- We will accommodate all students who wish to remain or return to University accommodation on a first-come-first-served-basis (subject to availability).
- We will ensure that you are treated fairly and with respect. We endeavour to meet your accommodation needs in a timely and effective manner.
If you accept an offer of a room in University Owned or Managed accommodation, you will be required to agree to the terms and conditions of the Licence to Occupy (contract). This is a legally binding agreement and you will be required to agree to the contract. Prior to you agreeing, you can view the Licence to Occupy at the foot of this page; please read it carefully and do not accept the accommodation unless you are prepared to agree to the conditions. Once you accept the offer, you are liable for the rent and occupancy of the room for the full contract period.
Please note: Academic courses do not necessarily coincide with the accommodation contract dates. If you accept an offer of accommodation, but the course finishes before the stated end date of your accommodation contract, you will remain liable for the associated costs as agreed at the time of acceptance. This is as per the Licence to Occupy, which forms part of the residence agreement.
FutureLets allocates rooms within our accommodation on a first-come-first-served basis (subject to availability). Allocation to rooms and properties will only be made once your academic place has been confirmed, which is generally when the conditions of your course offer have been met. The allocated room/property is the best available on the day of allocation. Students may be allocated into properties and areas with people that are at different stages of their degree. On application, students will be requested to select their preferred property and room type.
Code Of Practice
The University is committed to ensuring that you enjoy your accommodation experience. We are registered with the University UK Code of Practice, which ensures compliance with the requirements of the Housing Act 2004. For further details refer to their website directly.
(University Owned/Managed properties only)
An 'Offer of Accommodation' will only be sent when you have met all your requirements to study at Coventry University. When accepting the contract online, you will be asked to pay a Security Deposit of £300 (UK and EU students), or a £300 deposit AND 1/3 upfront (international students), via the website using either a credit or debit card.
The Licence to Occupy is the legal contract where the regulations regarding your accommodation are explained in full.
Withdrawing from University
(University Owned/Managed properties only)
If you are withdrawing from the University, in order to leave your accommodation, FutureLets require a signed withdrawal form from your Faculty/Course Tutor.
Please submit your form to FutureLets Reception, CW145 Charles Ward building, complete the exit paperwork required, and return your keys before departure. Please refer to section 8.1.2 and 8.3 of the Licence to Occupy for information regarding withdrawing from the University.
If you do not follow this procedure you will remain liable for the rent for your room until keys and relevant paperwork are received. Please refer to the Licence to Occupy.
Images are intended to be representative only. Neither Coventry University nor FutureLets guarantee that the layout or style of any accommodation offered to you will be the same as that depicted. Neither Coventry University nor FutureLets guarantee that any accommodation offered to you will come with any particular contents, furniture or facilities other than those expressly stated as being available in each property as set out on the Coventry University website.