1. We guarantee accommodation to first year applicants who submitted their UCAS application before 15th January 2018, AND make Coventry University their Firm choice on UCAS, AND submit their accommodation application before 17th June 2018. The allocated room/property is the best available on the day of allocation subject to availability on a first-come-first-served-basis. Allocations to rooms and properties will only be made once your academic place has been confirmed, which is normally when all the conditions of your course offer have been met.
2. Once the accommodation has been offered We are unable to change or alter the received application for accommodation.
3. Licence to Occupy Contracts of accommodation will be sent by e-mail and will expire if not responded to by the deadline detailed in the offer email. Please check your email account regularly, particularly if You are on holiday around the time your results are being issued.
4. When accepting your offer of accommodation You will be required to pay a security deposit and commit to choosing a payment method for your accommodation fees.
5. If due to a disability We provide accommodation for your personal carer You will be responsible for ensuring payment of the additional accommodation charges for this room. Your contractual obligations extend to your carer who must behave in a manner consistent with the Licence to Occupy terms and conditions.
6. Students are allocated into properties and areas where other year students may be living and therefore You should be aware that You may be living in an area with students attending different years of study.
7. If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds, We will ask You to provide medical evidence to support your application for this type of accommodation. Failure to provide this medical evidence within the stated time frame will result in your application being processed as normal, and We cannot guarantee that the requested type of accommodation will be available.
8. We comply with all legislation relating with equality and diversity.
9. Data Protection
9.1 For the purposes of the Legislation (as defined below) Coventry University of Priory Street, Coventry, United Kingdom, CV1 5FB is the data controller. FutureLets is a subsidiary of the Coventry University Group and will process personal data on behalf of the Coventry University Group in order to provide accommodation to Coventry University Group students in University owned and managed halls of residence, and in variety of partner properties with approved partner providers such as Unite Students, Host Students, Study Inn and Downing Students. If you have any queries in relation to the manner in which your personal data is being processed or the University’s and FutureLets compliance with the Legislation then you should contact the University’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
9.2 In compliance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any subsequent superseding legislation (together “the Legislation”) your personal data including your name, your address, your date of birth, your email address, your nationality, your course, your Student ID number and your gender will be processed by Coventry University Group and FutureLets for the purposes set out in this agreement.
9.3 The legal basis under which your personal data will be processed is for the purpose of administrating, managing and maintaining your application for accommodation and as necessary for the performance of the contract under which the Coventry University Group and FutureLets provides the accommodation services to you. On occasion your personal data may be processed under a legal obligation, where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, in the exercise of official authority or where it is necessary for a legitimate interest such as the provision of the accommodation services. Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary to do so for the specific purposes set out above or as otherwise notified to you.
9.4 Your personal data will be held securely by the Coventry University Group and FutureLets at UK based servers and will not be transferred outside of the EEA or to people or organisations situated in countries without adequate protection.
9.5 Coventry University Group have entered into an accommodation agreement with their accommodation partner providers, Unite Students, Host Students, Study Inn and Downing Students. If you have selected accommodation with one of our Partner Providers, in order to process your accommodation application FutureLets will be required to share your personal data in order for the Partner Provider to process your accommodation offer.
Your personal data will also be shared with:
a. Inventory Hive to help with your inventory management;
b. CampusLife to provide you with pre arrival information and information on the halls you select; and
c. Cover4students to arrange your complimentary contents insurance.
Additionally, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties where the Coventry University Group and FutureLets is obliged to do so such as in relation to council tax, electoral registration, and visa and immigration purposes.
9.6 The Legislation gives you the right to:
- Request access to and be provided with a copy of your personal data held by the Coventry University Group and FutureLets.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data where you believe it to be inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary or where you do not feel that our legitimate interests outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of your particular situation provided that the University or FutureLets does not have compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Seek the rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction of inaccurate personal data relating to you.
- Apply for erasure of your personal data from the Coventry University Group’s and FutureLets electronic and manual systems provided that the Coventry University Group and FutureLets does not have to retain the data for legal reasons.
- Receive the personal data which we hold about you in such a way that it can easily be transmitted to another controller as part of your right of data portability.
If you wish to make an access enquiry of the Coventry University Group or FutureLets or you have complaint concerning data protection issues then please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9.7 If You are making your application based on medical or disability grounds or if You request a specific type of accommodation based on medical or disability grounds please note that You will also be requested to sign a specific Data Protection declaration, to enable us to process this information for the purposes of the provision of your accommodation we will also seek you consent to share this information with the Coventry University Welfare department. If You do not sign the Data Protection declaration, consenting to our processing information in relation to your application we will be unable to take into account your medical or disability grounds in considering your application. We will however still consider your application without that information. If you do not consent to FutureLets passing your information to the University Welfare Department we will not do so and will delete any medical evidence sent to us following completion of the application process.
9.8 Coventry University Group and FutureLets will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary and in accordance with Coventry University’s records retention policy. Further information can be obtained from the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
9.9 Should you wish to make a complaint about the way in which Coventry University Group or FutureLets processes your personal data you should contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance. You also have the right to submit a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office further details of which can be found at their website www.ico.org.uk.
10. These T&CS and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
10.1 By submitting this application you hereby agree to the above Terms and Conditions.