We know how important it is to know where you are going to live before coming to university - that's why we have a wide range of excellent accommodation on offer to students. These include traditional halls of residence, catered, self-catered and ensuite rooms, all on or within close proximity of our campus.
We would strongly recommend that all first year students apply to live in the University accommodation to help you meet new friends and quickly integrate into University life. Many international students choose to stay in University accommodation rather than taking on the additional responsibility of being a private tenant.
We also recommend that you use the University's own letting agency, FutureLets, to search for appropriate accommodation. Please ensure that you have booked accommodation for when you arrive in the UK.
University Accommodation Halls
Accommodation Application guide
Use the accommodation application guide below to look through each stage of the process in detail.
What type of academic offer have you received?
If you are an International Student from outside the EU, you must have received your CAS letter.
If you are a student from the EU, your course offer status will determine your first steps in the application process.
- Conditional Firm: You can submit an online accommodation application. However, your application will be held until we receive confirmation from the university that your offer conditions have been met.
- Unconditional Firm: You can submit an online accommodation application. Once you have reached this status and you have met your academic requirements, you will be offered accommodation (subject to availability).
Please note: Insurance students will not be able to apply for accommodation until Coventry University becomes your Firm choice university.
To complete an accommodation application for the first time, you will need to register. To complete your registration, you will need the following:
- student ID
- family name
- date of birth
- valid personal email address, which will remain active until at least October 2020
When you access the online applications page, you can register by selecting ‘Login’ and then selecting the highlighted ‘Register’ button.
You will need to complete the details on the 'Register' page, and create a password. Once you have completed your registration you will be emailed a validation code. You will need to use this code to confirm you can receive emails from us.
Once you have received your validation code by email, you will need to go back to the application site, and enter the code into the relevant boc on the main login page, along with your email address and password. You will only need the validation code once.
From now on, you should be able to login with just your email address and password.
Tip: Read our Application Terms and Conditions before submitting.
Have you received an offer of accommodation?
As an international student, you will receive an offer of accommodation when you have met the conditions of your offer and received your CAS letter. The offer of accommodation will be emailed to you. If you are satisfied with your offer you must accept within 3 days.
You can reject your offer if you are not satisfied with the accommodation but you will not be able to re-apply.
Accepting your offer
There are multiple ways of accepting an offer of accommodation, depending on where you have been offered a room.
University Owned and Managed properties
To accept an offer of the accommodation contract, you must:
- accept the offer within 3 days or it will be withdrawn
- confirm that you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- initiate a payment plan for the outstanding amount
If you cannot accept your offer online
If you have tried to accept your offer of accommodation online but have not been successful, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02476 158 158 as soon as possible, and we will confirm the next steps to take. You will need to make a payment via bank transfer, and sign and return a copy of your contract by email.
Tip: Read our Licence to Occupy before accepting your offer.
To accept an offer of accommodation you must:
- Complete the booking form which is sent to you
- Return the booking form to the email address specified (do not just click 'Reply')
- The partner property will then contact you to take your deposit payment and complete the Tenancy Agreement/Contract
- The partner property will email you directly with login details to their own booking system
- Login and follow the instructions in the booking system
- Pay the deposit and sign the Tenancy Agreement/Contract directly with the accommodation provider.
Use the links below to look through the available University and private accommodation, along with details on how to apply. Remember, whichever you choose, our friendly student accommodation team at Coventry University is here to help and find the right new home for you.